Machine Equipment Operator (REQ 2960)
Alpine, an ITW company, currently has an opening for a Machine Operator I for our production facility in Pontotoc Mississippi to produce quality TrusSteel chords as well as connector plates in various sizes and types in an efficient and cost effective manner.
Alpine is a leading provider of building component software, equipment, and the industry’s best service to truss manufacturers. Partnering with our customers, we help to improve their businesses and make them more productive. We are also a leader in delivering software solutions to homebuilders to increase productivity and profitability. Alpine is a division of ITW, a F300 global diversified manufacturer with $13.4B in revenue.
ITW offers its employees a path for advancement, a competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package designed to help employees care for themselves, their families, and their futures.Core Responsibilities:
- Operate manufacturing machines to run production as assigned to cut product to length parts of specified size and shape from metal
- Ensure press is properly set-up for production
- Makes sure product is handled correctly
- Records production activity
- Cleans and maintains immediate work area
- Follow all prescribed safety practices and procedures. Identify and tag safety hazards on machinery and in work area. In addition, track machine downtime per shift
- Work with other team members and participates in team events and meetings. Assist in training of team members
- Other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or GED
- Minimum 6 months industrial related experience
- Mechanical aptitude
- Previous machine operation experience preferred
- Ability to handle basic mathematical skills and to carry out instructions
ITW is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes. To be considered an applicant, please apply online to a specific job posting.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please click here for information on how to contact us directly.