Staff Accountant - 3509
Provides timely information for the manufacturing and distribution operations to meet corporate requirements and guide effective business decisions to deliver profitable growth. This position reports to the Accounting Supervisor.
- Prepare monthly journal entries and account reconciliations for specified general ledger accounts including fixed assets, prepaid and liability accounts.
- Perform day-to-day general ledger accounting, financial reporting & analysis for assigned functional areas.
- Perform payroll accounting and research/resolve divisional inquiries from corporate or external partners.
- Responsible for ensuring proper record retention of accounting documents & legal agreements.
- Participate in the development, enhancement and monitoring of company internal controls.
- Ensure company policies are being followed as well as implementation of new controls as they arise.
- Assists with the timely and accurate filings and / or reporting of all Property Taxes, Business Licenses, Sales Tax and 1099 data to suppliers and the IRS.
- Supports audit request requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance Minimum 1 year of relevant experience. CPA certification is preferred.
- Demonstrated analytical skills and strong business and communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office Software
- Working knowledge of ERP systems, financial report writers, business intelligence systems (e.g., Cognos, is a plus)
- Minimal travel required
- Resilient Contributor – Approach change positively and adjust quickly when faced with changes in work responsibilities, processes, or environment. Handle stress appropriately and maintain effective performance when facing pressure or opposition.
- Quality Orientation: Accomplishing tasks with a high level of detail for all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; maintaining watchfulness over a period of time.
- Information Coordinator: Manage one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently and on schedule. Organize information and then communicate it to individuals or groups. Check for errors and omissions in information outputs and correct them.
- Continuous Learning/Self-Starter: Actively identifying new areas for learning; regularly creating and taking advantage of learning opportunities; using newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learning through their application.
- Teamwork: Works cooperatively with others to accomplish group goals. Help a team achieve its goals by sharing information, involving team members in decisions, and demonstrating commitment to the team. Anticipate problems or opportunities and take immediate action to address them.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, talk, hear, reach with hands and arms and regularly required to walk. The employee must be able to lift and move files/binders that weigh up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Position requires some local travel and which may involve overnight stay.