Summary: This individual will be responsible for managing and executing the brand and marketing initiatives in support of our flagship brand, Rain-X.
This position collaborates with the Senior Brand Manager to help set the strategic vision for Rain-X. S/He will help identify, develop and implement best-in-class brand and portfolio strategies to drive market share, deliver revenue and variable margin growth. The Brand Manager has a track record of delivering results while exhibiting leadership capabilities. This role will partner with and collaborate across the business with team members from multiple departments (Finance, R&D, Innovations, Supply Chain, Sales, Innovations, MARCOM, etc.). Key deliverables for the Brand Manager will be: exhibit knowledge of competitive landscape, understand product life cycle and innovation pipelines, collaborate with Sales and/or Insights to identify new market opportunities, develop and launch new products in the automotive aftermarket, provide analysis on sales velocities, become a subject matter expert and brand steward of the Rain-X portfolio and promote brand awareness.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Working with the Senior Brand Manager, develop and implement pricing strategies.
- Assist in setting plans and strategy to grow the product portfolio.
- Implement highly focused brand plans.
- Use consumer and trend research to support strategies.
- Responsible for making sure that branding is consistent across advertising and campaigns.
- Develop strong working relationship with Sales and help create sales tools needed for retailer line reviews. This position will also attend line reviews, with Sales, at key retailers to sell our product line and innovations.
- Having a grasp of the target market and potential target markets.
- Provide strong analysis of key brand activities.
- Cultivate relationships and strategic partnerships with key internal parties to effectively lead cross-functional teams and secure internal buy-in.
- Work with Category Management to keep up to date on competitive offerings, pricing, and current plan-o-grams.
- Work with agencies, evaluate creative and provide strong constructive feedback.
- Help manage advertising development and media planning.
- Responsible for all brand packaging and graphic updates.
- Analyze customer POS and syndicated data to unearth trends and immediate business threats to be shared with Sales.
- Works closely with Insights Manager on qualitative and quantitative brand needs.
- Work closely with new product development team ensuring new products are in line with brand strategy, trends, and future needs shared by retailers and consumers.
- Coordinate the creation and execution of brand support deliverables for new product launches such as website development, installation videos, A+ e-commerce content, training content, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree with 3+ years Consumer Marketing and/or Brand Management experience or MBA with minimum 2 years Product Management and/or Brand Management experience (preferred)
- Able to effectively align, motivate and lead internal cross-functional teams
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with ability to effectively interact and present to multiple levels of organization
- Must be able to travel up to 10% of time
- Clear understanding of general marketing principles
- Strong analytical skills
- Skilled at identifying and leveraging variety of tools to identify, develop and assess new opportunities
- Strong organizational skills & strong attention to detail
- Proven ability to effectively manage & prioritize multiple, complex projects simultaneously
- Proven skills in building relationships & collaboration
- Customer focused with ability to objectively assess opportunities and fit with customers’ needs
- Working knowledge of basic financial principles, some P&L experience
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
This job description should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an incumbent in this position. Incumbents are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
The position is based in our Houston, TX office and must work in that location.