Zip-Pak is the global leader in resealable solutions for the flexible packaging industry. We operate in more than 52 countries around the world with a workforce of more than 270 dedicated flexible packaging professionals. These talented individuals adhere to the highest professional standards and focus their efforts to meeting and exceeding the needs of every Zip-Pak client. Combining this commitment to client success with our technical innovation and unmatched network of resources enables us to confidently and consistently deliver “uniquely flexible" solutions to our customers.
Summary: Provides overall account leadership and acts as key customer interface for an array of large accounts, to maintain, create, and gain share. Additionally, will be responsible for obtaining and developing new opportunities in targeted markets with similar customer types to support growth.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Key customer interface: establishes productive, professional multi-level relationships with key personnel in key customer accounts and targets
- Proactively search, identify and obtain new business opportunities with new and existing customers
- Provides ‘80/20’ approach to ensure key territory objectives are met
- Provides overall leadership for the account and coordinates the involvement of company personnel, including technical, service, and management resources, to meet account performance objectives and customers’ expectations
- Meets assigned targets for profitable sales volume and strategic objectives in assigned accounts
- Active pipeline development and management with a focus on increasing active customers and growing volume sales
- Leads all significant account planning processes including budget development, establishment of income targets, and calling activity
- Develop and maintain action plan for how accounts will achieve targets and identify specific actions to improve earnings
- Proactively leads activities to assess, clarify, and validate customer needs on an ongoing basis to develop efforts that best address customer requirements
- Develop, manage and execute contract negotiations
- Works closely with Customer Service, Field Technical Service and plant Operations personnel to ensure customer satisfaction and problem resolution
- Maintain close communications with Marketing and R&D to recommend and promote new applications and technologies relating to market and customer trends
- Achieves targeted sales plan in designated accounts
- Meets assigned expectations for profitability
- Develop customer value propositions to grow revenue through new customer acquisition and increases in share at existing targeted accounts
- Develops cross-functional relationships across multiple customer geographical locations
- Achieves strategic customer objectives defined by company management
- Provides territory business plan which includes strategic customer account plans for selected accounts
- Optimal use of company resources, including T&E expenditures as well as use of support personnel, to achieve territory goals and high customer satisfaction ratings
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in a related field; Master's degree (MBA) or equivalent preferred; 3 to 8 years sales experience including experience with large accounts, value added selling and additional business experience a plus.
- Process Driven: Demonstrated success in using a sales process to grow sales or other areas of responsibility
- Ability to read and interpret contract language, as well as write reports and high-level business correspondence. Communicate and effectively present information and respond to questions from leadership, employees and customers. Foreign language skills a plus, but not required.
- Proven ability utilizing analytics to drive business solutions and strategy development
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Learning agility and desire to analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and/or governmental regulations to increase knowledge of our market and competition
- Computer Skills: Excel skills along with CRM experience a plus
- Travel: The job will require significant travel
- Work Environment: The employee will be required to work out of their home or in a typical office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Chicago Based Preferred