Field Sales Engineer (3356)
ITW Commercial Construction North America (CCNA) is seeking a Field Sales Engineer to team with Territory Managers to provide concrete flatwork (interior floor slabs & exterior pavements) decision makers the value proposition of company products/technologies, to support national and regional sales initiatives.
ITW Commercial Construction encompasses the leading brands of Buildex® (Teks®, Tapcon®, Sammys®), Red Head (TruBolt®, Epcon®), and Ramset (Trakfast®) with an overall history dating back to 1910. As a leading manufacturer with a proven history of creating innovative fastening solutions, we market value engineered products for use by the professional commercial contractor in concrete, drywall, metal building, fire protection, plumbing, electrical, and HVAC applications.
We take pride in our commitment to operational excellence, superior service, and new product development that has guided the company through decades of growth by meeting the ever-changing needs of the commercial construction industry. Focusing on the needs of our end-users enables us to customize our product offering and service based on their requirements.
ITW offers its employees a path for advancement, a competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package designed to help employees care for themselves, their families, and their futures.
- Identifies and develops professional relationships with key concrete flatwork decision makers in concert with Territory Managers.
- Collaborates with concrete flatwork decision makers (e.g., owners, engineers, architects, flatwork contractors, tenants, realtors) to understand their needs and project’s design criteria to provide a value engineering proposal.
- Prepares and delivers targeted presentations (both technical and general) to audiences of decision makers – topics include performance-based designs, value engineering, alternate bidding, flatwork design, life-cycle cost analyses concepts, and the value proposition of PNA’s products/technologies.
- Working independently, or with other in-house Design Engineers, to provide project-specific design optimizations for concrete flatwork projects.
- Provides technical/engineering training and support to TMs through interpretation of internal and external engineering references and through communication with other local concrete flatwork experts.
- Contributes to technical and competitive analyses that leverage local, regional and industry market data and trends to create tools to be used by TMs to educate, inform, and influence the selling process.
- Engages in industry associations and local chapters of engineering organizations (i.e., ACI, ACPA, ASCC, TRB) and owner- or developer-focused tradeshows to develop relationships and to become a recognized concrete flatwork engineer within the groups.
- Develops a proficiency in the use ITW Business Principles to effectively manage the engineering execution and sales processes to maximize results.
- Does sufficient follow up with decision makers to secure specifications and/or sales.
- Other duties as assigned
- Technical/Professional Knowledge and Skills: Having achieved a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; keeping up with current developments and trends in areas of expertise
- Collaboration: Working effectively and cooperatively with others; establishing and maintaining good working relationships.
- Building Partnerships: Identifying opportunities and taking action to build strategic relationships between one’s area and other areas, teams, departments, units, or organizations to help achieve business goals.
- Sales Ability/Persuasiveness: Using appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to gain acceptance of a product, service, or idea from prospects and clients.
- Communication: Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering required; Master’s Degree preferred
- 5+ years of concrete flatwork engineering experience required
- Professional Engineer (PE) license or evidence of working towards such required
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to read construction drawings and analyze project specifications
- Ability to identify and influence decision makers in the engineering specification process
- Results-driven self-starter able to manage multiple priorities with highly effective follow-through skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Overnight travel required up to 50%
ITW is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes. To be considered an applicant, please apply online to a specific job posting.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please click here for information on how to contact us directly.