Senior Manager - Project Management
As a key member of the Engineering leadership team, the Senior Manager of Project Management will report directly to the Director of Engineering and will be responsible for managing the Engineering Project Management organization and execution of both ITW Hartness equipment projects and System Integration projects (turn-key packaging line solutions). Primary responsibilities include leading the Engineering Project Management organization to execute on the management of scope, cost, schedule, internal staffing, external contract labor, and the contractual completion of projects. The Project Management team is the primary customer contact during the execution phase and is responsible for planning, leading, and administering multiple and simultaneous projects ranging from single equipment orders through multimillion-dollar turn-key solutions to completion through customer and internal coordination to drive targeted margins while building and maintaining professional relationships with our customers.
The position will be based at our headquarters in Greenville, South Carolina.
- Structure and lead the Engineering Project Management organization to optimize applied resources and ensure on-time/on-budget project execution
- Establish and drive best-in-class harmonized project management skills and discipline
- Oversee the team that plans, leads, and executes multiple simultaneous complex projects to successful completion
- Generate and approve project plans and budgets in alignment with customer contractual requirements
- Drive the proactive management and communication of project schedules, including full accountability to key milestones and critical path
- Effectively manage and communicate change during dynamic project execution, including mitigating risks and influencing key stakeholders
- Present full project summaries to management and leadership through a consistent format and cadence
- Effectively monitor and draw conclusions from project financials, forecasts, and drive the increase of profitability
- Drive world-class customer focus to establish and foster long-lasting professional relationships and repeat business
- Drive tight project financial management in open collaboration with the Finance team
- Proactively manage project closeout plans in coordination with customers and Finance to ensure on-time revenue recognition and payments
- Manage the creation of OEM equipment and contract labor specification packages and review/award associated proposals
- Manage external OEM equipment suppliers and contract labor providers in coordination with internal teams and resources to ensure coordinated project execution and on-time delivery
- Manage start-up activities, installation contractors, and execute field reports
- Create site acceptance testing procedures, manage site resources, record line data, and gain timely customer acceptance
- Lead and develop talent to maximize individual, team and organizational effectiveness. Foster a culture of engagement and accountability, cascading vision, and goal alignment.
- Use appropriate interpersonal styles and techniques to gain acceptance of ideas and plans. Coach through feedback, development planning, and performance management.
- Champion the effective use of change management principles, strategies, and techniques to plan, implement, and evaluate change.
- Build a strong pipeline of talent to ensure a diverse and high-performing organization.
- Lead 80/20 workshops and ITW Toolbox projects to identify and implement continuous improvement opportunities, including 360 project reviews
- Effectively apply the ITW Toolbox and project management best practices in all activities
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10+ years of Project Management experience
- 10+ years of progressive leadership experience
- 1-over-1 management experience (i.e. leading managers and large team)
- Demonstrated successes managing complex large-capital projects
- Proven knowledge of general accounting and revenue recognition practices to accurately generate and manage detailed financial outlooks and budgets
- Demonstrated capability to clearly present complex technical and financial information to teams, customers, and leadership
- Ability to develop talent through coaching and mentoring and to motivate others to excel
- Demonstrated ability to develop and manage demand/capacity projections
- Willing to travel as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or Engineering
- MBA and/or Advanced degree
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Industry experience with packaging line-design, development, installation, and operation
- Manufacturing experience in food, beverage, and/or personal and household care
- Experience with capital equipment project execution, including project financial management
- Formal training on GAAP accounting practices and revenue recognition practices
ITW Hartness is a world class secondary packaging equipment manufacturer headquartered in the beautiful suburbs of Greenville, SC. Founded on the premise of cutting-edge innovation and a relentless commitment to our customers, ITW Hartness’ world class equipment is designed to our customers’ goals of continuous improvement throughout the production process.
Take this opportunity to join a successful and enthusiastic global team where you can make a significant impact immediately. You will enjoy a competitive salary and generous benefits that includes health, dental, life and LTD insurance, 401k (with match), and a 100% tuition reimbursement program for those who qualify.
Since ITW’s founding more than 100 years ago, ITW has become one of the world’s leading diversified manufacturers of specialized industrial equipment, consumables and related service businesses. ITW businesses serve local customers and markets around the globe, with a significant presence in developed as well as emerging markets. The company has operations in 56 countries that employ more than 50,000 women and men who adhere to the highest ethical standards. ITW has 81 businesses divided into 7 Segments, which includes: Welding, Automotive OEM, Food Equipment Group, Construction Products, Polymers & Fluids, Test and Measurement & Electronics, and Specialty.
ITW is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.