Material Handler - Receiving
Permatex, Inc. a division of Illinois Tool Works (NYSE:ITW); is a leading manufacturer, distributor, and marketer of premium chemical products to the automotive maintenance and repair, home and hardware markets. Core brands include: Permatex®, Fast Orange®, Spray Nine®, the Right Stuff® and Devcon® Home. We seek a Receiving Material Handler to join our Manufacturing team on 2nd shift at our Solon, OH facility. The hours for this position are from 3:00pm-11:00pm, Monday-Friday.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Supplies and supports manufacturing staging areas with needed materials as listed on shop orders
- Completes required material issue and returned components transactions on an accurate and timely basis.
- Maintains inventory locations records, recording all inventory receipts, moves and issues. Responsible for racking and locating inbound receipts.
- Loads and prepares and /or unloads shuttle trucks according to departmental and operational polices.
- Warehouses materials according to described policy and assists in the maintenance of FIFO stock rotation.
- Performs cycle count activities as specified by departmental procedure and assists in preparing and taking of physical inventories.
- Responsible for arranging and completing required paperwork for shipments to OSV.
- Must be able to complete a bill of lading with the correct information.
- Assists in all housekeeping efforts and keeps back pad clean and organized.
- Promotes and follows all lift truck safety guidelines and procedures and responsible for maintaining certification.
- Promotes and follows all safety guidelines and procedures.
- Recommends safety improvements as needed.
- Performs various other duties as necessary.
Pay Range: $14.00 - $18.99 depending on skill set and experience. 2nd shift receives a $.50 an hour shift premium on top of the hourly wage.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED
- At least 1-3 years experience working in manufacturing environment
- Certified to drive reach trucks, fork trucks, and low-lifts
We offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. Our employees also enjoy perks such as adoption assistance, a generous 401(k) matching contribution, scholarship programs for dependents, tuition assistance, 3-for-1 matching contributions for donations, employee discounts with companies such as Dell, GM/Ford/Daimler Chrysler, AT&T, Verizon and much more. Permatex is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled. EEO is the law. Permatex invites any employee and/or applicant to review the Company’s Affirmative Action Plan. This plan is available for inspection upon request by emailing [email protected] . If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Katie Craig at (440) 914-3166. No other calls will be accepted.