Senior Analyst, Transfer Pricing (#3364)
Since its founding more than 100 years ago, ITW has become one of the world’s leading diversified manufacturers of specialized industrial equipment, consumables, and related service businesses. We place a high premium on the development of innovative solutions–most of which are developed in tandem with our customers. And we continue to ensure that our customers receive timely, cost-effective service for the innovative products we provide.
ITW’s differentiated business model is comprised of a set of unique core capabilities: our proprietary 80/20 business process, customer-focused innovation, and our well-known decentralized entrepreneurial culture. While we own many global businesses, these capabilities are unmistakably ITW—and key to our longevity and strong performance
ITW’s products and solutions are at work all over the world, in deep-sea oil rigs, aerospace technology, bridges and wind turbines, healthcare, the spaces in which we live and work, the cars we drive, and the mobile devices we rely on. We are never, whether we know it or not, more than a few steps from an innovative ITW solution.
Today, ITW (NYSE: ITW) is a Fortune 200 company that employs approximately 47,000 people, and is headquartered in Glenview, Illinois, USA with operations in 57 countries. Our campus is located within a short walking distance to the Metra Milwaukee District Line - at Golf station. Our headquarters also features “Dress for your Day” business casual attire, a full-service fitness center with personal trainers, and a full-service cafeteria, outdoor eating areas, volleyball and basketball courts, and 1-mile walking path around the campus. In addition to a generous and full suite of employee benefits for health, wellness, financial, time-off, flexibility, and other needs.
ITW is seeking a Senior Analyst, Transfer Pricing to support the company’s internal transfer pricing team. This individual will:
- Work within a cross-functional tax department, with a core focus on transfer pricing, but will assist with general tax projects;
- Prepare global transfer pricing filings and documentation, including country-by-country reports, local file documentation, and master file documentation;
- Participate in fact-finding interviews with business representatives and draft narratives from the interview notes;
- Extract and analyze complex data residing in multiple information systems;
- Develop and update financial models in support of business decisions;
- Support efforts on tax audits (US and international) and APAs by compiling data and documentation to defend the company’s transfer pricing positions;
- Communicate transfer pricing policies and procedures to stakeholders outside the transfer pricing group including: core tax, accounting, financial planning, controllers, legal, treasury, business managers, and external consultants;
- Draft and organize intercompany agreements and manage and organize internal files;
- Monitor and advise of changes related to global transfer pricing regulations and global tax laws;
- Undertake other special projects as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in accounting, finance, economics, mathematics/statistics, or closely related field. Advanced degree is preferred; CPA is a plus
- Minimum 3 years of relevant transfer pricing experience, either in-house or consulting
- Solid background in accounting and financial analysis, as well as a sound understanding of financial models, income statement, balance sheet, and discounted cash flow models.
- Solid working knowledge of §482 Regulations and OECD Guidelines; experience with intangible transactions, management services, cost sharing, and valuation principles is desired
- Ability to apply 80/20 principles to establish individual priorities across multiple tasks with multiple managers
- Demonstrated ability to work both autonomously and in a team environment
- Strong analytical skills, organizational skills, and focus on detail
- Excellent writing, communication, and data management skills; MS Excel modeling skills are particularly important;
- Professional presence and ability to influence others