Service Desk Analyst Intern
Position: Service Desk Analyst Intern
Employee Type: Full-Time, Summer 2020
Location: Glenview, Illinois
Department: Corporate Headquarters, Information Technology Department
Job Type: Paid Internship
Experience: Undergraduate Level Preferred
Founded in 1912, ITW is a fortune 250, global industrial company centered on a differentiated and proprietary business model. The company’s seven industry leading segments leverage the ITW Business Model to generate solid growth with best-in-class margins and returns in markets where highly innovative, customer focused solutions are required. ITW’s 50,000+ dedicated colleagues around the world thrive in our decentralized, entrepreneurial culture.
Some ITW Divisions and Products you may have heard of:
- Hi-Cone: Packaging systems for beer and soft drinks
- ITW Deltar: Capless refueling system, which created a new standard in auto manufacturing.
- Rain-X: Windshield Wipers, Glass Cleaners, Car Washes, etc.
ITW’s internship program provides unparalleled access to challenging opportunities in high-growth, dynamic industries. Interns are encouraged to think and act like entrepreneurs and are provided significant responsibility and autonomy to get things done. As an intern, you will gain substantial personal learning and career development opportunities through ownership of real-world job assignments, strong coaching and mentorship and networking with senior leaders across the Enterprise.
ITW’s IT internship program is aimed at providing meaningful work and experience to our interns with strong managers serving as their mentors. We expect this summer internship program to give you marketable experiences and skills, as well as introduce you to ITW’s unique way of doing business.
As an IT Intern you will be working at our corporate campus in Glenview, IL; one of Chicago’s northern suburbs. Our campus includes a fitness center at no cost to the employees, cafeteria, outdoor volleyball courts, walking trails around the campus, employee resource groups, corporate discounts, dry cleaning services, covered/outdoor parking, and much more. We are one block walk to the nearest Metra station, and it is a quick 20-minute train ride to downtown Chicago, museums, lakefront, and activities.
What You Will Do
- Field incoming requests to the Service Desk and ensure courteous, timely and effective resolution of end user requests.
- Process incoming Office 365 user administration requests. These requests will include all aspects of the provisioning and de-provisioning of user accounts.
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, and configuring systems and applications.
- Perform user account administration including password resets and profile changes.
- Perform preventative maintenance, including checking and cleaning of workstations, printers, and peripherals.
What We Are Looking For
Formal Education & Certification
- Student pursuing a degree in Computer Science or Information Technology related field. Junior status preferred.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required.
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Understanding of social media platforms such as LinkedIn, Facebook and Yammer as well as best practices.
ITW is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Applicants and employees of ITW are protected under Federal law from discrimination on several bases. Follow the link above to read more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please email corp_accessibility at itw.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.