Senior Buyer (3125)
The Senior Buyer develops and executes both Domestic and Import supply strategies for (existing and new) products that maximize lowest total cost and meet approved specifications and company quality standards. Manages suppliers and collaborates with Strategic Sourcing to execute global supply chain strategies. Actively participates and supports New Product Development initiatives for products within the assigned functional area meeting cost and delivery targets.
ITW Residential & Renovation offers a broad range of professional grade anchoring tools and fasteners for numerous construction applications. Our products include wood to wood fastening systems (Paslode), structural wood fasteners (GRK Fasteners™), concrete anchoring systems (Tapcon®, Red Head®, Ramset®), underlayment screws (Rock-On®, Backer-On®), self-drilling screws (Teks®) and drywall anchoring systems (E-Z Ancor®). ITW Residential & Renovation excels in meeting the growing demands from Pro end-users for high-quality home improvement and construction fastening products. Our products are trusted by industry professionals and each brand is the market leader in its respective category in terms of quality, performance and ease of use. ITW offers its employees a path for advancement, a competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package designed to help employees care for themselves, their families, and their futures.
- Through data analysis, develop Market Rate of Demand (MRD) target setting strategies to improve Months on Hand (MOH) measurements.
- Accountability to manage inventory levels based on Market Rate of Demand.
- Plan and issue purchase orders to meet specified inventory targets for MRD/Kanban System execution.
- Identify new suppliers in support of ITW initiatives for margin improvements, new product development and supply chain efficiencies.
- Establish, measure, and review KPI’s for key suppliers, facilitating continuous improvement based on Annual Plan, LRP and Strategic Sourcing strategies.
- Lead continuous improvement activities to drive supply chain efficiencies throughout the process.
- Use ITW USa tool box to identify and simplify complexities.
- Lead and implement cost reduction strategies for existing products including identifying, developing, implementing alternative sources of supply.
- Unbundle bill of material cost elements and negotiate cost improvements based on commodities, specifications, and alternative materials.
- Collaborate with Marketing and New Product Development teams and communicate required specifications to execute New Product Development and innovation initiatives.
- Lead ERP continuous improvement activities to drive efficiencies to execute MRD processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree – Preferably in Business Administration, Supply Chain or Operations
- 5 to10 years related experience required.
- Expertise in offshore (Asia, Europe, Pacific Rim) sourcing and supply chain management of bulk componentry and packaged Consumer Products.
- Depth of knowledge of global market conditions and the impact to the specific cost drivers of those products under his/her responsibility.
- Strong knowledge of Demand Management and Replenishment principles and tools (Cognos, Kanban, etc.) and the ability to execute such principles.
- Fluency in Chinese preferred.
- Willingness to maintain flexibility in work schedule. Must able to work greater than 40 hours per week as business requires.
- Domestic/Offshore travel up to 20%.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes, airborne particles, climate variances and moving mechanical equipment typically found in a manufacturing environment. The noise level in the work environment (office) is usually low, but much higher when exposed to the manufacturing areas. Certain personal protective equipment is required when in the manufacturing areas. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Employees must be able to lift product materials that weigh up 25 pounds on a consistent basis.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include Color vision, Close vision, Distance vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is required to sit for extended periods of time and use hands to handle or feel.
ITW is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes. To be considered an applicant, please apply online to a specific job posting.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please click here for information on how to contact us directly.