Shift Supervisor (3233)
ITW Commercial Construction North America division (PNA business unit) is seeking a Shift Supervisor to join our operations team. The shift supervisor is generally involved in supervising production personnel, coordination of production activities, assisting in the implementation of quality and safety programs, and facilitating the daily production operations.
ITW Commercial Construction is a leading manufacturer with a proven history of creating innovative fastening solutions used by the professional commercial contractor in concrete anchoring and flooring, drywall, metal building, fire protection, plumbing, electrical, and HVAC applications. We take pride in our commitment to be a customer centric organization with operational excellence, superior service, and new product development that has guided the company through decades of growth by meeting the ever-changing needs of the commercial construction industry. Focusing on the needs of our end-users enables us to customize our product offering and service based on their requirements. ITW Commercial Construction encompasses the leading brands of Buildex® (Teks®, Sammys®), Red Head (TruBolt®, Tapcon®), Ramset (Trakfast®), and PNA (Diamond Dowel®) with an overall history dating back to 1910.
ITW offers its employees a path for advancement, a competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package designed to help employees care for themselves, their families, and their futures.
- Leads the manufacturing personnel in meeting daily production and quality goals
- Works with plant manager to resolve employee, facility and production issues through problem resolution
- Responsible for raising equipment production issues and re-assign personnel to optimize production.
- Manages production and provides regular progress reports to plant manager
- Learns and is capable of performing all production operations
- Learns and understands production capabilities
- Assists in the execution of developed production schedule
- Determines production deficiencies and works in areas that are critical to meet shipping goals
- Directs manufacturing workforce in primary duties and re-directs as required.
- Assists in daily work planning in Plant Mangers absence
- Assists in maintaining and controlling accurate inventory reporting and resolving any discrepancies
- Performs constant quality inspections according to PNA guidelines and machine setups to ensure that product standards are met and address issues as needed
- Responsible for ensuring that accurate shipping and receiving procedures are followed, including any required quality assurance on goods received or shipped according to PNA guidelines, including the packaging and loading.
- Properly follows and implements company and OSHA safety procedures and addresses problems and issues
- Performs accident investigations as needed
- Manages time reporting process and tracks absences, tardiness, and attendance bonuses
- Administers discipline in conjunction with manager guidance as required according to company policies and Employee Handbook.
- Leads in continuous improvement, safety, and ergonomic programs
- Primary responsible for training of employees
- Maintains confidentiality of company and employee information
- Reviews and identifies necessary corrections of the required production information entered into the Vantage computer system on a daily basis
- Assists in improving housekeeping standards
- Other duties as assigned by the plant manager or director of manufacturing
- Assists plant manager in the ordering of needed factory supplies, and effective use of such supplies (eliminate waste and excess)
- Demonstrated ability to work productively and train employees as needed
- Strong leadership and interpersonal communication skills
- Reliable with excellent attendance record
- Ability to obtain a forklift operator license
- Ability to lift and move heavy objects up to 70 pounds
- Ability to promote and work as a team member to meet organizational goals
- Computer skills with database experience-desired
- Must be bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Mechanical aptitude a must
- Must have effective communication skills
- Ability to count and do basic mathematical reasoning (add, subtract, multiply and divide)
- High school graduate or equivalent work experience
- Prior experience in leadership or supervisory position
- Prior fabricating or manufacturing experience required
- Mechanical Repair and maintenance experience required
ITW is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes. To be considered an applicant, please apply online to a specific job posting.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please click here for information on how to contact us directly.