Accounting Intern (3194)
The Accounting Intern for ITW Residential & Renovation will be responsible for Accounting tasks and projects as assigned. This internship is designed to give a student hands-on exposure to a wide variety of analytical and specialized Accounting responsibilities including: Accounts Receivable, Cash Posting, Accounts Payable, and Financial Reporting.
ITW Residential & Renovation division of the Construction Products business segment is a global provider of innovative fastening solutions that improve contractor productivity and building quality in the residential, commercial and renovation construction industries. Our products are positioned as market leaders and category leading brands include wood to wood fastening systems (Paslode), structural wood fasteners (GRK Fasteners™), concrete anchoring systems (Tapcon®, Red Head®, Ramset®), underlayment screws (Rock-On®, Backer-On®), self-drilling screws (Teks®) and drywall anchoring systems (E-Z Ancor®). ITW Residential & Renovation, one of the largest divisions of ITW, strives to exceed top and bottom line growth expectations.
- Automate current manual reports using Jet, PowerBI & HFM.
- Maintaining records, systems, customer accounts, and generating reports for accounting.
- Support of Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and Audit as needed.
- Financial analysis and reporting.
- Inventory Management.
- Data analysis, root-cause analysis, use of metrics.
- Rising Senior pursuing a degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office with an emphasis on Excel (pivot tables, sumif, macros, etc).
- Coursework and/or understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, budgeting, balance sheets, cost control principles, and federal and state financial regulations.
- Ability to analyze, summarize and interpret financial data.
- Critical Thinking & Decision Making: Ability to make logical and sound decisions and to know when to act independently and when to seek assistance.
- Curiosity & Learning Orientation: Actively identifying new areas for learning and applying newly gained knowledge/skill on the job.
- Drive to Excel: Driven to succeed and willing to go the extra mile. Perseveres in the face of obstacles and challenges.
- Interpersonal Skills & communication: Ability to work collaboratively and partner well with others, express oneself verbally and in writing, and listen well.
- Ability to Prioritize: Focuses time and effort on key tasks. Groups related tasks to be more efficient. Easily transitions between tasks and picks up where left off when interrupted
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Most time will be spent in an office environment. Occasionally the employee may be required to spend time in manufacturing and distribution facilities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral visions, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to finger, handle or feel.