Technical Software Specialist
Alpine is seeking a Technical Software Specialist either in the Salt Lake City, Boise or Portland area that will be responsible for maintaining existing customers as well as supporting new business opportunities by providing demonstrations and technical assistance to system users. This position will provide education and service to customer accounts and conversion accounts to assist them in effectively using the company’s proprietary Design Software Suite.
Alpine, an ITW company, is a leading provider of building component software, equipment, and the industry’s best service to truss manufacturers. Partnering with our customers, we help to improve their businesses and make them more productive. We are also a leader in delivering software solutions to home builders to increase productivity and profitability.
ITW offers its employees a path for advancement, a competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package designed to help employees care for themselves, their families, and their futures.
- Travels to key accounts in coordination with District Sales as determined by Software Consultant Leads.
- Partners with district sales manager to develop and execute targeted approach to account support and potential new customers.
- Partners with district sales manager to value added sell our solutions to the market.
- Evaluates the design needs and plant operations of prospective customers to determine how they could utilize the company’s software to increase productivity.
- Conducts initial setup, software customization, and software training on site from the beginning to the end of new key customer conversion projects.
- Provides the highest level of software consultant skills, as a single source on all phases of our software (Software Expert)
- Provides key account customization and training on Software applications as approved.
- Introduces new aspects of Software to customers.
- Provides feedback to Software Consultant Leads
- Provides high quality customer service to all internal and external customers.
- Bachelor degree in Business, Engineering, Marketing or Construction Management preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in construction technology preferred
- Knowledge of truss plant operations, i.e., software, paper flow, production and plant layout helpful
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Professional Presentation skills
- Proven experience as a highly motivated, results-driven, self-starter
- Strong computer skills including MS Office
- Industry related software a plus
- Ability to travel up to 70%
- Valid Driver's license within state of residence and good driving record
ITW is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes. To be considered an applicant, please apply online to a specific job posting.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please click [Click Here To Join] for information on how to contact us directly.