Materials Manager (3342)
ITW Commercial Construction North America is seeking a Materials Manager who will execute the division’s materials procurement processes and work with Buyers to implement supply chain strategies common across the businesses. The Manager will also be responsible for inventory fulfillment and inventory targets as well as supplier performance management to pre-determined service levels.
ITW Commercial Construction is a leading manufacturer with a proven history of creating innovative fastening solutions used by the professional commercial contractor in concrete anchoring and flooring, drywall, metal building, fire protection, plumbing, electrical, and HVAC applications. We take pride in our commitment to being a customer centric organization with operational excellence, superior service, and new product development that has guided the company through decades of growth by meeting the ever-changing needs of the commercial construction industry. Focusing on the needs of our end-users enables us to customize our product offering and service based on their requirements. ITW Commercial Construction encompasses the leading brands of Buildex® (Teks®, Sammys®), Red Head (TruBolt®, Tapcon®), Ramset (Trakfast®), and PNA (Diamond Dowel®) with an overall history dating back to 1910.
ITW offers its employees a path for advancement, a competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package designed to help employees care for themselves, their families, and their futures.
- Direct and coordinate activities of the planner/buyer team and inventory levels based on inventory fulfillment rates and inventory planning principles, leveraging the ITW Toolbox.
- Develop inventory fulfillment target setting strategies that apply to assigned product categories to continuously improve and reduce month on hand measurements while assuring customer service levels are achieved that meet the Division’s objectives.
- Oversee projects and transitions that require supply chain planning.
- Effectively carry out all responsibilities of managerial role, including requirements pertaining to performance management, employee development, interdepartmental cooperation, EEOO/AAP Diversity and leadership.
- Build a capable and effective team; develop business and leadership skills/talents of individuals.
- Work with suppliers, outside processors, and intercompany manufacturing partners to determine capacity required to fulfill inventory targets per the LRP.
- Develop and implement purchasing and contract management instructions, policies, and procedures as well as effective interdepartmental and management communication systems.
- Develop procedures for coordination of supply chain management with other functional areas, such as sales, marketing, finance, production, or quality assurance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Supply Chain, Operations or related field, required
- 10+ years of related experience
- CPIM/CSCP certification preferred
- Demonstrated capability to lead, develop and hold team accountable
- Demonstrated ITW Toolbox proficiency and project leadership skills
- Experience in working with an offshore (Asia, Europe, Pacific Rim) supply base preferred
- Strong knowledge of demand management and replenishment principles and tools with the ability to execute such principles
- Knowledge of Operations/Business system software and the ability to analyze data to support business requirements
- Ability to travel 10-15%