Product Manager (3339)
The Product Manager will profitably grow responsible product groups by developing, implementing and driving marketing/business strategies and tactical action plans. Act as the voice of customer using end user market research insights, customer POS, and macro market trends to effectively manage the product portfolio and drive new product development.
ITW Residential & Renovation offers a broad range of professional grade anchoring tools and fasteners for numerous construction applications. Our products include wood to wood fastening and structural wood fasteners (GRK Fasteners™), concrete anchoring systems (Tapcon®, Red Head®, Ramset®), underlayment screws (Rock-On®, Backer-On®), self-drilling screws (Teks®) and drywall anchoring systems (E-Z Ancor®). ITW Residential & Renovation excels in meeting the growing demands from Pro end-users for high-quality home improvement and construction fastening products. Our products are trusted by industry professionals and each brand is the market leader in its respective category in terms of quality, performance and ease of use.
ITW offers its employees a path for advancement, a competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package designed to help employees care for themselves, their families, and their futures.
- Develop the annual integrated marketing plans for assigned product categories.
- Capitalize on market opportunities within the product group areas.
- Manage the execution of the new product development roadmap to capitalize on key market opportunities.
- Use data driven information to develop product strategies and specifications.
- Oversee the validation of performance and marketing features and benefits at each stage gate of new product development.
- Lead new product rollout efforts including forecasting volumes, designing market tests, integrated marketing planning as well as sales and channel training.
- Develop and implement thorough price strategies and promotions to grow the business in these product areas.
- Champion voice of customer with insights gained through end user and market research.
- Perform thorough competitive product analysis aimed at understanding the strengths and weaknesses of our competitor’s products.
- Participate in capacity planning efforts working with manufacturing and engineering areas.
- Manage the financial performance of assigned product categories by utilizing ITW toolbox philosophies and other key performance indicators.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- MBA preferred.
- A minimum of 5-9 years of marketing experience preferred; new product development experience, from inception to product introduction and full product lifecycle management preferred
- Experience with durable goods is preferred
- Financial acumen to analyze financial results and new market opportunities is preferred
- Advanced skills in Excel, Word and Power Point are required.
- The ability to travel approximately 20-35% is required
- Strong team/project management, communications, and presentation skills
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires an employee to work in a variety of locations including, but not limited to: home office, job sites, lumberyards, and distributor locations. These environments are not controlled by ITW.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, talk, hear, reach with hands and arms, and regularly required to walk. Must be able to lift 40 lbs., able to walk and stand for long periods of time at customer events, trade shows, and job site locations. Position requires approximately 20% travel and the ability to operate a motor vehicle.
ITW is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes. To be considered an applicant, please apply online to a specific job posting.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please click here for information on how to contact us directly.