Maintenance & Plant Engineering Manager
Alpine is seeking a Maintenance & Plant Engineer Manager responsible for leading Alpine’s maintenance/tool & die function in support of Litchfield’s NA high volume stamping operation. This role ensures that the facilities machinery used to produce new and existing materials run to their maximum efficiency and output. This includes total preventative maintenance, managing breakdowns of mechanical, electrical and robotic equipment (including software programming). This role encompasses not only driving operational excellence in production equipment performance but includes training and development of all technical/support resources, development of best-in class technical processes and cost reduction initiatives while promoting employee health and safety across the facility.
Alpine, an ITW company, is a leading provider of building component software, equipment, structural connectors, and the industry’s best service to truss manufacturers. Partnering with our customers, we help to improve their businesses and make them more productive. We are also a leader in delivering software solutions to home builders to increase productivity and profitability.
ITW offers its employees a path for advancement, a competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package designed to help employees care for themselves, their families, and their futures.
- Lead, coach and develop a high performing technical team that meets plant/business objectives and develops best practice maintenance, tool & die processes while driving continuous improvements in production equipment performance, quality, plant throughput, scrap levels, MRO spend and overall facility safety.
- Train and develop all technical resources on mechanical maintenance, hydraulics, pneumatics, tool & die, electrical control systems and automation programming to meet the current and future technical needs of the business. Ensure basic and advanced troubleshooting tools/techniques are available and utilized effectively.
- Develop/implement a Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) and MRO replenishment programs for all production equipment, maximizing planned down time and ensuring full preventative maintenance is completed thoroughly and on-time.
- Prepare the annual maintenance budget and submit all capital expenditure requests for the facility. Monitor annual budget spend and plant project costs
- Manage the procurement of all new/used production and plant equipment from inception, evaluation, capital approval, qualification, installation through final commissioning working in collaboration with suppliers, contractors, external resources and all internal functions.
- Lead facility maintenance initiatives including building maintenance, energy consumption and general facility contracts by proactively managing all suppliers and contractors ensuring all legal and safety company requirements are met.
- Monitor/drive continuous improvement initiatives by developing/implementing and utilizing key performance indicators (KPIs) including production equipment uptime, department budget, employee training/development and proactive safety indicators.
- Ensure that the function operates in accordance with all health, safety and environmental policies and procedures to ensure the safety and well-being of our employees and visitors.
- Actively support plant safety program by proactively driving safety training, performing plant/department safety audits, conducting hazard assessments and ensuring open safety issues are addressed in a timely manner.
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Technology, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- 5+ years previous experience in Maintenance Management
- Experience with electrical control systems including AC/DC/VFD’S servo motors, PLC programming and troubleshooting
- Experience with electrical/electronic, automation and robotics, hydraulics, pneumatics and mechanics
- Experience with Tool & Die, blueprint reading, schematics, wiring diagrams and machining
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Process-orientation and multi-tasking abilities
- Strong project management and planning abilities
- Strong communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, project management tools and maintenance management software
ITW is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes. To be considered an applicant, please apply online to a specific job posting.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please click here for information on how to contact us directly.