As key member of the One ITW Hartness Finance Team, the Accounting internship is designed to provide experience for a current college student pursuing a degree in Accounting or Finance. This individual will provide support to the One ITW Finance team in daily, weekly, and monthly tasks as well as work on special projects designed to provide real-world application in your field of study. This will require coordination and collaboration with colleagues within the Accounting team, as well as across functional areas within a manufacturing environment.
ITW Hartness is proud to offer a robust summer internship program. While an intern here, you will have the opportunity to visit customer sites to see our product in action, while also networking with other departments and company leadership. You will also have the opportunity to meet interns from other divisions and tour other ITW businesses. Apply today to be a part of the ITW Intern Experience!
This position will be based at our headquarters in Greenville, South Carolina.
- Job Costing and Standard costing process simplification for new ERP solution.
- Assist with completion of Fixed Asset audit.
- Assist with simplification projects and process improvements for payables and credit cards in line with our continuous improvement philosophy.
- Partner with the Accounting team to complete general ledger reconciliations, journal entries and inquiries.
- Assist with special projects and additional accounting functions as needed.
- Student in their junior or senior year of college, preferably working towards an Accounting or Finance degree
- Desire to learn in a manufacturing environment
- Strong communication, customer service, follow up and research skills
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
- Positive attitude and team player mentality
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite with the ability to learn new software quickly
ITW Hartness is a world class secondary packaging equipment manufacturer headquartered in the beautiful suburbs of Greenville, SC. Founded on the premise of cutting-edge innovation and a relentless commitment to our customers, ITW Hartness’ world class equipment is designed to our customers’ goals of continuous improvement throughout the production process.
Take this opportunity to join a successful and enthusiastic global team where you can make a significant impact immediately. You will enjoy a competitive salary and generous benefits that includes health, dental, life and LTD insurance, 401k (with match), and a 100% tuition reimbursement program for those who qualify.
Since ITW’s founding more than 100 years ago, ITW has become one of the world’s leading diversified manufacturers of specialized industrial equipment, consumables and related service businesses. ITW businesses serve local customers and markets around the globe, with a significant presence in developed as well as emerging markets. The company has operations in 56 countries that employ more than 50,000 women and men who adhere to the highest ethical standards. ITW has 81 businesses divided into 7 Segments, which includes: Welding, Automotive OEM, Food Equipment Group, Construction Products, Polymers & Fluids, Test and Measurement & Electronics, and Specialty.
ITW is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.