Cold Heading Machine Operator Trainee
ITW Shakeproof has an opening for an Cold Heading Machine Operator Trainee on 2nd Shift at our Elgin facility. ITW Shakeproof Automotive serves all the major Automotive OEMs and their tier suppliers with metal fasteners totaling approximately $170M in revenues. Our major plants are in Elgin IL, Machesney Park, IL, Elk Grove Village, IL, Darlington WI, and Bedford Heights, OH. Our Sales Center is in Troy, MI.
- Assist and observe designated Thread Roll Operators in operation and setup up of machinery.
- Attend and complete all training sessions as required
- Learn proper usage of gaging devices and utilize devices to complete proper inspection of parts to ensure parts are in print
- Complete and maintain all appropriate production records and forms.
- Learn and maintain proper housekeeping standards
- Complies with all safety regulations and TS161949 policies
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Highly motivated individual with a positive attitude
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment both in a team and individually
- Strong Organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operation and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Basic mathematical skills
- Ability to work lift up to 50 pounds
- 1 year experience of machine operation or automotive repair or equivalent trade school
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints
- Able to use gaging equipment such as calipers, micrometers, etc.
- Experience using basic hand tools
ITW is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We do not accept unsolicited resumes.
To be considered an applicant, please apply online to a specific job posting.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please click here for information on how to contact us directly.