Summer Intern 2020 – Strategic Sourcing Group
Illinois Tool Works Inc. (NYSE: ITW) is a global Fortune 200 diversified manufacturing company that delivers specialized expertise, innovative thinking and value-added products to meet critical customer needs in a variety of industries. ITW, with approximately $ 13.5 billion in global revenues, operates 7 major segments with businesses in 57 countries that employ approximately 48,000 women and men.
The Intern for the ITW Strategic Sourcing Group will be located in Glenview, Illinois at ITW corporate, which is located within walking distance to the Metra Milwaukee District Line - at Golf station.
Primary Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
The Strategic Sourcing Group Intern will support the analytical requirements of the Direct/Indirect Materials team and/or Center of Excellence Team. Intern may also gain exposure to project pipeline savings tracker, conflict minerals, e-Sourcing, market intelligence, RFI, RFP, BOM analysis, negotiation and supplier audits.
Key tasks may include:
- Develop basic understanding of assigned commodities: current market conditions, key cost drivers, global supply base, and industry terminology, as it relates to creating competitive purchasing programs for ITW companies.
- Conduct broad market research to identify world class suppliers for the different commodities to be sourced.
- Identify sourcing opportunities to drive savings and cost avoidance via spend analysis, stakeholder interviews, and market trends.
- Quantify the benefits of sourcing initiatives including the expected savings and baseline spend.
- Influencing key stakeholders on strategy initiatives.
- Partner across the organization to improve financial results related to sourcing activities.
- Utilize project management skills to create timeline, set milestones, measure progress, and report findings to team.
- Work as part of a cross-functional team that includes members from other Corporate ITW teams such as Spend Management and Trade Compliance.
Position Skills and Experience Requirements:
- Student (Junior or Senior year in college) pursuing degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain, or Engineering. Minimum GPA 3.0. Recent graduates also considered.
- Strong MS Excel skills, including vlookup, hlookup and indexing functions, pivot tables and graphs. Proficient in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work on cross-functional team.
- Resourceful and able to work independently.
- Must be detail-oriented and able to cleanse large sets of data (identifying mistakes in address field assignments, etc.).
- Present your accomplishments, lessons learned, and insights in briefings to Strategic Sourcing leaders.
This internship is approximately 40 hours per week for 12 weeks, with flexible start and end dates within the range of May-September.
ITW is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees of ITW are protected under Federal law from discrimination on several bases. Follow the link above to read more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please email corp_accessibility at itw.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.