Maintenance Mechanic A
To perform complex repairs, under minimal supervision, in order to maintain on-site machinery and mechanical equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoots, performs complex repairs and sets up equipment for all filling, packaging, mixing and building areas.
- Recognizes and diagnoses problems leading to the dissembling, replacing and reassembling of any machine in the department.
- Trains and guides junior mechanics and routinely inspects their work.
- Sets up and performs changeovers, tests and adjusts machines to ensure all controls are set properly.
- Performs routine and preventative maintenance on all machines and facility equipment following maintenance schedule.
- Performs complex electrical, plumbing, welding and carpentry duties.
- Operates machine tools and improvises in making fixtures and parts when necessary.
- Interprets drawings and schematics to locate problem area(s) and identifies the best method for corrective action.
- Cleans machines and tooling using chemicals after production runs are complete.
- Completes necessary paperwork related to daily activities and/or projects.
- Initiates complex work orders and reports abnormal machine conditions to appropriate personnel.
- Performs various other duties as necessary.
- High school diploma/GED and 3 - 5 years of technical trade experience in a similar role are required.
- Must have experience with controls (PLC, Air Logic), electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems as well as the ability to read and interpret machine assembly drawings and schematics.
- The nature of this position requires standing/walking nearly 100% of the working shift and some lifting, 50+ pounds, as well as bending, climbing, and twisting motions are required and constitute approximately 35% of the working shift.
- Previous experience with the operation of motorized equipment (tow motor, low lift) highly desirable.
- Finger/hand dexterity is essential to perform duties involving grasping, pulling/pushing and twisting motions.
- In addition, environmental factors that are present for this position include: working in heat/cold, around dust, chemicals, noise and heights.
- This position requires the use of chemicals, some of which may contain hazardous material and involves handling, moving, storing and/or disposing of waste that may contain hazardous materials. Proper training, protective equipment and instruction for safety practices will be provided. Successful spirometry and physicals are required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. This job description should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an incumbent in this position. Incumbents are required to perform other related functions as assigned.