Alipine has an opening for a Manual Machinist/Assembler position in our Grand Prairie, TX location who will use a manual lathe to process raw material into components. They will also assist the machine assembly group as needed to meet production requirements.
Alpine is a leading provider of building component software, equipment, and the industry’s best service to truss manufacturers. Partnering with our customers, we help to improve their businesses and make them more productive. We are also a leader in delivering software solutions to homebuilders to increase productivity and profitability. Alpine is a division of ITW, a F200 global diversified manufacturer with $14B in revenue.
ITW offers its employees a path for advancement, a competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package designed to help employees care for themselves, their families, and their futures
- Prepares the machines to process the raw materials by adjusting specific settings, ensuring the materials used are the correct size.
- Operates lathe and other metalworking machines to manufacture and/or repair parts as needed
- Perform quality control inspections on all parts and components manufactured, including comparing the finished parts to blueprint requirements.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying with safety processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Job Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent and two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to use basic machine shop equipment, hand tools, forklift, crane, and material handling equipment.
- Ability to use measuring tools (calipers, micrometers, height and depth gauges).
- Ability to solve practical problems and act independently in a fast-paced environment with a variety of variables in situations with limited standardization. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram form, collect/analyze data and prepare findings.
- Must be able to work overtime as required to meet production’s needs as well as flexibility to work around scheduled production hours.
- Must have a high level of safety awareness and a record of good safety habits
ITW is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes. To be considered an applicant, please apply online to a specific job posting
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please click here for information on how to contact us directly.