Human Resources Generalist
The following accountabilities are to be performed in accordance with the spirit and philosophy contained in the document, ITW Tomco Mission Statement, and in accordance with company policies:
· Demonstrates an understanding of the human resources operations policies, processes, and procedures.
· Acts as an advisor and provides technical expertise and analytical support to the Human Resources team in relation to employee benefits administration, compensation administration, and HRIS system maintenance.
· Maintains knowledge of legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance. Plays an active role in the development of the Affirmative Action Plan within business units. Ensures compliance with required legal postings on bulletin boards.
· Functions as an advisor to line management regarding the application of employment laws and corporate human resource policies to specific business decisions.
· Coordinates with management to assist in the recruiting process, interview scheduling, hiring process, applicant tracking and record keeping requirements. Screens candidates, conducts interviews, and has authority to hire.
· Organizes and conducts new employee orientation; creates a positive first experience of the company and serves as a role model for ITW values.
· Maintains employee information and personnel files.
· Inputs and maintains employee data in the HRIS system such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, terminations, and employee statistics for reporting. Prepares regular or special reports using HRIS.
· Prepares employee communication documents including new hire, disability, benefit, separation notices and related documentation. Assists in the dissemination and collection of data and forms.
· Responds to inquiries regarding benefit programs and educates and supports employees in the use of the self-service applications available to them.· Works with ITW corporate human resources or third party providers, as necessary, in the management of employee life cycle processes and transactions
· Creates, coordinates, and conducts management/employee training in topics including interview skills, performance management, safety, harassment, ITW Principles of Conduct,and ITW business policy guidelines. Coordinates and manages e-learning administration along with management directory. If applicable, may coordinate applications for grant funding for training
· Reviews existing human resources policies and procedures within the business units for which they are responsible and initiates changes as necessary to ensure compliance with law, corporate policies, and business objectives.
· Conducts and analyzes wage survey data. Maintains position descriptions and market comparisons.
· Maintain compliance with ISO 9001, IATF 16949, ISO 14001, and OH&S standards.
· Comply with all company safety and environmental policies, procedures and management systems.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Requires a Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience and 1 to 3 years in a HR support role including knowledge of recruitment processes, benefit and compensation administration and practices, employee relations, and legal compliance requirements. Strong written/verbal communication skills; demonstrates good listening skills. Strong technical skills / aptitude: Proficiency in MS Office programs (Word and Excel). Experience with PeopleSoft HRIS System a preference.
This is an entry level HR position and works within established guidelines under the general direction of the Division HR Director receiving written and oral instructions.
Primary contacts for this position will be first line supervisory and hourly positions in order to serve in an advisory capacity to these individuals. Able to communicate status on process with colleagues, keep team members informed, and responds clearly to employee inquiries. Demonstrates a positive and friendly attitude in working with all levels within the organization. Ability to use good judgment and discretion with highly confidential business and employee information.
This position receives written and oral instructions from the Division HR Director. Independent and organized work style: Effectively manage time and prioritize work load, assume and manage multiple tasks without close supervision, adapt to change, and consistently meet deadlines. Ability to make independent decisions and regularly suggest ways to improve services and processes.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position functions within a plastic injection molding environment. While primarily working in an office environment, the HR Generalist will occasionally be exposed to manufacturing floor conditions within ITW Tomco facilities. The HR Generalist must observe safety and security precautions and become familiar with procedures to take in case of problems.