Quality Analyst 2 (3203)
ITW Commercial Construction North America is seeking a Quality Analyst. Its role will support all facets of quality engineering and supplier development. This person will be responsible for investigating, analysis and quality problems resolution, identify trends, conduct audits, and leading continuous improvement projects with our manufacturing teams and our supply base. Position reports to ITW Commercial Constructions North America Quality Manager.
ITW Commercial Construction is a leading manufacturer with a proven history of creating innovative fastening solutions used by the professional commercial contractor in concrete anchoring and flooring, drywall, metal building, fire protection, plumbing, electrical, and HVAC applications. We take pride in our commitment to being a customer centric organization with operational excellence, superior service, and new product development that has guided the company through decades of growth by meeting the ever-changing needs of the commercial construction industry. Focusing on the needs of our end-users enables us to customize our product offering and service based on their requirements. ITW Commercial Construction encompasses the leading brands of Buildex® (Teks®, Sammys®), Red Head (TruBolt®, Tapcon®), Ramset (Trakfast®), and PNA (Diamond Dowel®) with an overall history dating back to 1910.
ITW offers its employees a path for advancement, a competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package designed to help employees care for themselves, their families, and their futures.
- Perform product quality audits to assure conformance to part prints and specifications, also complete process quality audits to assure conformance to standards, codes and policies.
- Conduct trend analysis and process capability studies using either existing in-process collected test data and/or data collected by using special fixtures, or measuring systems.
- Supervise the calibration system. Design and implement new fixtures and gages needed inspection process.
- Actively participate to the customer complaints process, non-conforming process, and corrective/preventative actions process. Collect data for Root Cause and Corrective Action Activities
- Oversees and conducts raw material and heat treatment testing/inspection
- Generate and/or update Quality plans and Inspection instructions for new or existing processes and/or families of product. Generate required related SOPs.
- Participate in quality related customer meetings building a strong partnership based on a good understanding of the customer’s needs and an effective communication.
- Provide production support with respect to the product quality, gauging and data interpretation aspects.
- Hands on activities (testing, inspection, audit) will represent 30 to 50% of the work load.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree in Engineering or equivalent required; minimum 3 years experience in high volume manufacturing environment
- Oral and written communication and organizational skills
- Demonstrated capacity in generating Quality reports based on the Statistical data analysis
- Working knowledge of Quality Management Systems (ISO9001) requirements
- Demonstrated ability to develop data acquisition routines is a plus
- Strong mathematical aptitudes and advanced skills in MS Excel, MS Access, MS Office and Document control software;
- Demonstrated ability to develop data acquisition routines and to implement/use SPC software is a plus.
ITW is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes. To be considered an applicant, please apply online to a specific job posting.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please click here for information on how to contact us directly.