Maintenance Technician - 2nd Shift
Maintenance Technician – 2nd Shift
Position location: Des Plaines, IL
Illinois Tool Works Inc. (NYSE: ITW) is a diversified manufacturing company that delivers specialized expertise, innovative thinking and value-added products to meet critical customer needs in a variety of industries. ITW, with approximately 18 billion dollars in global revenues, operates 8 major segments with businesses in 58 countries that employ approximately 51,000 women and men. These talented individuals, many of whom have specialized engineering or scientific expertise, contribute to our global leadership in innovation. We are proud of our broad portfolio of more than 19,000 global patents and patent applications.
ITW Global Appliance serves all the major Appliance OEM in the US, Europe, Asia, Mexico and Brazil and their tier suppliers. This global division manufactures mechanical, electromechanical and electronic components and assemblies with a variety of manufacturing processes including injection molding, stamping, automated and manual assembly. We have units in the US, China, Mexico, Slovenia, Hungary, Bulgaria & Italy.
The division drives profitability by leveraging its innovative solutions and application engineering. In addition to ITW’s industry leading research and development capabilities, ITW Global Appliance enhances our customers’ competitive advantage by…
- Maintaining advanced global engineering and manufacturing facilities.
- Identifying customer needs to provide continued added value solutions.
- Continually improving processes, material and designs to ensure every solution exceeds customer expectations while providing unparalleled value.
This position is based in Des Plaines, Illinois and reports to the Maintenance Supervisor.
Responsibilities and Authority:
- Must have eletrical experience working within manufacturing or industrial industries
- Works from blue prints, schematics and specifications. Troubleshoots, dismantles analyzes and determines defects, diagnoses trouble and performs repairs to very large production machines, such as plastic injection mold machines and automatic equipment. Replaces pumps, motors, relays, switch motors, etc. Installs and maintains machine safety devices and shields.
- Experience working with the following PLC’s, hydraulics, injection molding machine repairs and maintenance
- Installs, repairs, maintains and rebuilds a wide variety of large complicated production machines, attachments and auxiliary equipment.
- Must be a self-starter and capable of working productively with little supervision.
Position Skills and Experience Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• High School Diploma or GED required.
• Five or more years’ experience in the manufacturing
• Injection Molding Experience a plus
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs sometimes repetitively.
• Experience with ISO9001 requirements.