Permatex is a division of ITW (Illinois Tool Works Inc.), a US based, NYSE listed corporation. We are a leading manufacturer, distributor and marketer of premium chemical products to the automotive maintenance and repair, home and hardware markets. Product categories include gasket makers, sealants, hand cleaners, etc., under well-recognized brand names such as Permatex®, the Right Stuff®, Fast Orange®, Spray Nine®, Versachem®, and Devcon® home.
We are presently seeking candidates for a Maintenance Trainee Program in the Maintenance Department. Must be flexible to work any shift while training. Shifts include 1st: 7am-3pm, 2nd: 3pm-11pm and 3rd: 11pm-7am.
The Maintenance Trainee program is a 1 to 2-year program that involves training and practical instruction to allow the trainee to learn and be able to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of a Maintenance Mechanic B. During the period of training, the Maintenance Trainee will be involved with maintenance and facility projects under the direct supervision of a Maintenance Mechanic. The Maintenance Trainee will be involved with routine maintenance work using hand and power tools and following established procedures in the installation, repair, and maintenance of the facility and production equipment. Offsite technical training may be required at no cost to the employee. After completion of the program and the approval of the Department Manager, the Maintenance Trainee would be promoted to a Maintenance Mechanic B.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Start machines and observe mechanical operation to determine efficiency and to detect problems.
- Read work orders and specifications to determine machines and equipment requiring repair or maintenance.
- Inspect or test damaged machine parts and mark defective areas or advise supervisors of repair needs.
- Reassemble machines after the completion of repair or maintenance work.
- Dismantle machines and remove parts for repair, using hand tools.
- Install, replace, or change machine parts and attachments, according to production specifications.
- Collaborate with other workers to repair or move machines, machine parts, or equipment.
- Inventory and requisition machine parts, equipment, and other supplies so that stock can be maintained and replenished.
- Record production, repair, and machine maintenance information.
- Set up and operate machines and adjust controls to regulate operations.
- Lubricate or apply adhesives or other materials to machines, machine parts, or other equipment, according to specified procedures.
- Collect and discard worn machine parts and other refuse to maintain machinery and work areas.
- Clean machines and machine parts, using cleaning solvents, cloths, air guns, hoses, vacuums, or other equipment.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Completion of a Maintenance Vocational or Technical School program in General Mechanical Maintenance is preferred. Previous work experience in any of the building trades may be substituted for the preferred education.
- Mechanical aptitude required with experience in the use of small hand and power tools, as well as other mechanical equipment.
- Computer literacy is required.
- Must be flexible to move work shifts if/when necessary for training.
- Must be able to stand for prolonged periods of time with frequent bending, stooping, and reaching on a daily basis.
- Requires a full range of physical motion in order to operate manual and electrically-powered tools and mechanical shop equipment.
- Must be able to move throughout facility, including climbing stairs in all buildings to perform maintenance work.
- Work is performed indoors and outdoors, occasionally in environments that are dusty, noisy, or which could have work or equipment hazards.
Permatex is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled. EEO is the law. Permatex invites any employee and/or applicant to review the Company’s Affirmative Action Plan. This plan is available for inspection upon request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org . If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Katie Craig at (440) 914-3166. No other calls will be accepted.