National Account Manager- Performance Packaging (Remote)
• Consistently and predictably deliver revenue growth in line with agreed upon growth target
• Add, move and close opportunities in sales funnel
• Understand Valeron's value proposition and partner with 80 customers to deliver growth
• Leverage account planning processes to identify and manage multiple customer stakeholders, positioning Valéron for profitable growth and jointly develop new products
• Grow customer relationships to achieve trusted technical advisor status with 80 customers
• Manage multiple customer stakeholders to position Valéron in joint product development projects
• Understand Valeron’s addressable market and find growth opportunities
• Understand our customers end markets, sales strategies and channels
• Identify and recommend growth strategies based on customer and market experience
• Proactively manage pricing and margins
• Understand when it is appropriate to grow or eliminate lower volume products
• Be able to effectively communicate changes in product and market strategy
• Monitor, study and report on key market trends and make recommendations for growth
Key Deliverables to Demonstrate Success in 12 months:
1. Achievement of sales revenue goal
2. $5M in sales funnel growth
3. Demonstrate growth in customer relationships through development of coaches at all 80 customers
Skills and Experience Needed:
• Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Chemical or Polymers Science focus preferred.
• 3+ years of progressive technical sales experience with solutions-based selling, focus and key account relationships.
• Demonstrated history of delivering above market organic growth through specific customer focused activities led by specific and targeted sales activities.
• Experience with flexible packaging, print media, convertor market and distribution channel management required.
• Proven experience in creating new opportunities and converting opportunities to revenue in sales funnel.
• Experience with working within a defined sales process and account management framework with some CRM management related experience focused on detailed opportunity, forecasting and outlook for sales responsibility.
• Proven ability to properly qualify a commercial opportunity and develop commercial strategy based upon internal and external dynamics.
• Proven experience in negotiating and closing multi-million-dollar projects inclusive of financial due diligence, terms and conditions and purchase contracts within company guidelines.
• Demonstrated ability to produce results within a team environment and to gain alignment and develop productive working relationships at all levels of the organization.
• Excellent time management, prioritization abilities and project management.
• Ability to sell a value with differentiated product
• Knowledge of Miller Heiman or another strategic sales model
• Customer account mapping ability
• Sales pipeline development
• Uses data to solve problems
• Possess intellectual curiosity
• Understands cross laminated film manufacturing process
• Builds accurate monthly and quarterly forecasts and delivers on outlook
• Develops action plans for gap mitigation
• Objectives, Active Listening, Influencing
• Ability to articulate value proposition to different levels of customer’s organization