Product Marketing Intern (3218)
As part of the ITW Residential & Renovation Marketing team, the Product Marketing intern helps execute the marketing plans and tactics to acquire and engage our end users and supports retail channel marketing initiatives with the Home Centers, Lumberyards, dealers, and distributors. The scope of responsibilities is broad and may include involvement in gathering, analyzing and applying voice-of-customers as well as secondary market/business/customer data to new product development and new product launches.
- Review current product offerings and recommend opportunities to simplify the product line.
- Assist with segment market research.
- Support new product market launches.
- Manage and categorize end user feedback.
- New Product Development
- Cross-functional teamwork
- Analytics and business acumen
- Portfolio management
- Rising Senior pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering, or related field.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel including vlookup, pivot tables, and graphs; PowerPoint; and Word.
- Detail-oriented with superior organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills with the ability to work across cross-functional teams
- Ability to identify and evaluate tactical methods to achieve objectives and identify deviations from the plan and facilitate resolution
- Hardworking and enthusiastic personality
- Must be able to travel locally within the greater Chicago area
- Previous internship or work experience strongly preferred
- Interest in CPG manufacturing industry with the desire to start a career with ITW after graduation
- Critical Thinking & Decision Making: Ability to make logical and sound decisions and to know when to act independently and when to seek assistance.
- Curiosity & Learning Orientation: Actively identifying new areas for learning and applying newly gained knowledge/skill on the job.
- Drive to Excel: Driven to succeed and willing to go the extra mile. Perseveres in the face of obstacles and challenges.
- Interpersonal Skills & communication: Ability to work collaboratively and partner well with others, express oneself verbally and in writing, and listen well.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Most time will be spent in an office environment. Occasionally the employee may be required to spend time in manufacturing and distribution facilities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific ision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral visions, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to finger, handle or feel.