Senior Auditor (#3278)
The Senior Auditor performs professional internal auditing work including performing financial, operational and compliance audit projects: providing consulting services to the organization’s management and staff. The individual performs under supervision with moderate latitude for initiative and independent judgment.
- Performs audit procedures, including identifying and defining issues, developing criteria, reviewing and analyzing evidence, and documenting client processes and procedures.
- Review and evaluate the internal control environment and develop specific analyses of strengths and weaknesses, along with recommended improvements.
- Conducts interviews, reviews documents, develops and administers surveys, composes summary memos, and prepares working papers.
- Identifies, develops, and documents audit issues and recommendations using independent judgment concerning areas being reviewed.
- Communicates or assists in communicating effectively the results of audit and consulting projects via written reports, which are complete and prepared in a timely manner.
- Performs related work as assigned.
- Informs In-charge of progress and/or difficulties encountered during the audit.
- Exhibits professional behavior in business setting.
- Maintains relationship with mentor.
- Travel up to 50%
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university.
- Two to four years of full-time experience in auditing within the manufacturing industry
- Certification or working toward a certification such as a CIA, CPA, or CMA is a plus.
- Knowledge of and skill in applying internal auditing and accounting principles and practices.
- Ability to detect and document weaknesses in internal controls.
- Knowledge of the Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing developed by the Institute of Internal Auditors.
- Skill in collecting and analyzing complex data, evaluating information, and drawing logical conclusions.
- Skill in negotiating issues and resolving problems.
- Skill in using a computer with word processing, spreadsheet and other business software to prepare reports, memos, summaries and analyses.
- Skill in effective verbal and written communications, including active listening skills and skill in presenting findings and recommendations.
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with co-workers and external contacts and to work effectively in a professional team environment.
- Appropriate professional skepticism.
- Effective time management.
- Readiness to accept additional responsibilities, as well as willingness to try new ideas and methodologies.
- Creativity in addressing issues.
- Develops understanding of corporate policies and procedures.
- Ability to travel without restrictions.