Supply Chain Analyst Intern 2645
2020 INTERN JOB DESCRIPTION
Division:Global Tool Unit
Job Title:Supply Chain Analyst Intern
Job Location:Libertyville, IL
Projected Start Date:May 18, 2020 unless specified
Projected End Date:August 7, 2020 unless specified
The Supply Chain Analyst Intern supports the Strategic Sourcing team by supporting 2020 sourcing and inventory initiatives to right-size the supplier base, and improve efficiencies in logistics, supplier performance and operations. The position requires learning ITW 80/20 principles and applies them to the specific project work to be completed.
- Track performance metrics for key suppliers and processes, facilitating continuous improvement based on business priorities and strategies.
- Identify supply chain “assurance of supply” risks (distribution, logistics, supply base) and recommend solutions to mitigate risks.
- Use process tools and analytics to map supply chain processes and identify and simplify complexities.
- Learn 80/20 principles to identify and improve critical supply chain processes.
- Learn ERP systems - Epicor & Cognos reporting functionality and map to critical scorecard data.
- Learn and apply Kanban principles to make productivity improvement recommendations.
- Working toward a college degree in Operations or Supply Chain Management
- Incoming Senior.
- Strong knowledge of demand management and replenishment principles / tools and the ability to summarize data.
- Knowledge of Operations/Business system software and the ability to analyze data to support business requirements.
- Excel required (V-Lookup)
- Analytical skills: Be able to work in data bases and summarize data into actionable initiatives.
- Team skills: Works cooperatively with others to accomplish group goals.
- Presentation Skills: Have the ability to summarize projects and prepare Power Point presentations and deliver concisely.
- Communications: able to be clear and succinct both oral and written in a variety of communication settings and styles.
- Associated course work in Operations and Supply Chain management.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel.