1st shift Machine A Operator
Permatex, Inc. a division of Illinois Tool Works (NYSE: ITW); is a leading manufacturer, distributor, and marketer of premium chemical products to the automotive maintenance and repair, home and hardware markets. Core brands include: Permatex®, Fast Orange®, Spray Nine®, the Right Stuff® and Devcon® Home.
We seek a Machine A Operator to join our Manufacturing Department at our Solon, OH location. The hours of this position are 7:00am-3:00pm, Monday through Friday.
The primary responsibilities of this position include:
- Performs manually and/or tends machines which perform various packaging functions such as, filling, labeling, packing, or closing containers.
- Responsible for minor adjustments, set-ups, changeovers, maintenance, cleaning and general operation of various filling and packaging machines.
- Organizes and performs job in accordance with bills of material and routing instructions.
- Responsible for quality inspection of goods to ensure that product is packaged according to specifications.
- Ability to identify problems and assist in troubleshooting.
- Assists in training of new operators and assists other teams as needed.
- Promotes and follows all safety guidelines and procedures.
- Recommends safety improvements as needed.
- Forklift/Tow motor experience required.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment highly desirable.
All other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Pay rate: $15.18-$21.30 depending on skill set and experience
- Requirements of the job:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- At least 3 years previous experience as a Machine Operator in a Manufacturing environment
- Previous experience working with filling and packaging lines and/or consumer products
- Able to lift at least 65 pounds occasionally
- Able to stand for 6-8 hours per day
- Must be able to understand and carry out oral and/or written instructions
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. This job description should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an incumbent in this position. Incumbents are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
Permatex is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled. EEO is the law. Permatex invites any employee and/or applicant to review the Company’s Affirmative Action Plan. This plan is available for inspection upon request by emailing email@example.com . If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Katie Craig at (440) 914-3166. No other calls will be accepted.