Global Sales Manager
ITW (NYSE: ITW) is a Fortune 250 global multi-industrial manufacturing leader with revenues totaling $14.8 billion in 2018. The company’s seven industry-leading segments leverage the unique ITW Business Model to drive solid growth with best-in-class margins and returns in markets where highly innovative, customer-focused solutions are required. ITW has approximately 50,000 dedicated colleagues in operations around the world who thrive in the company’s unique, decentralized and entrepreneurial culture.
Hi-Cone, a division of ITW, is a leading supplier of plastic-based multi-packaging systems for global beer, soft drink and general products industries. We are advocates of packaging alternatives that generate sustained margin contributions for our customers and major retailers. Our customers demand maximum quality, exceptional value, market performances and innovation. We meet those demands by offering cost-effective minimal packaging responsive to environmental concerns.
As a key member of the global sales team, the Global Sales Manager for NARTD reports to the Global Sales Director. This position is responsible for the overall management of key global Consumer Packaged Goods account(s) and a team of regional Key Account Managers (KAMs).
- Has access and understanding of macro retail environment for non-alcoholic drinks and a strong network with key players to drive Hi-Cone strategy and create customer opportunities.
- Understands global drink consumption trends and be to offer insights into future growth strategy and direction
- Creates a vision for category growth based on learnings globally/regionally with 80-customers.
- Secures key relationships globally to assist regional KAMs to drive value propositions (VP).
- Becomes a thought leader for the category buy gaining a deep understanding of the competitive packages available and the trends across the globe, aligned to our sustainability strategy.
- Partners with global peers in Marketing, Customer Service, Technical Service and Business Development to ensure world class service for our 80-customers.
- Collaborates with Global Marketing to request, review and oversee conversion of market data into VPs and business cases.
- Coordinates global relationship with Technical, Innovation and Packaging leaders to drive our sustainability vision and effectively communicate to our 80-customers and consumers.
- Creates strong internal network to improve engagement and drive business results.
- Develops a long-term strategy to drive market penetration and manages sales funnel through monthly reviews to drive 1% share gain each year at global key accounts.
- Meets or exceeds annual sales volume and revenue targets for the category.
- Negotiates price/contract terms at corporate/global level and coach the KAM on regional price/contract negotiations.
- Provides insights to allow best use of current machines and future net-new machines based on the category needs.
- Diligently coaches talent within category, provides direct, honest and timely feedback to consistently improve performance.
- Delivers continuous feedback to team members for development planning and performance management.
- Uses effective change management skills to effectively to plan, implement and evaluate change.
- Applies Enterprise Strategy Initiatives and ITW toolbox as required to the category and products.
- Becomes an expert in the ITW Business Model to drive the growth strategy and maximize commercial impact.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, Engineering or related field required; Master’s degree or MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 5-7 years in sales or sales consultant role; experience with global/large and key account management, focused on market share and category growth.
- Proven business acumen with a strategic mindset.
- Packaging experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with c-level personnel.
- Have an extensive external network across a broad range of FMCG companies and retailers and proven success navigating in this arena.
- Ability to analyze financial data and understand how it will drive success for your customers.
- Able to build trust and act as a key advisor to external customers.
- Experience with a system sell, long sales cycle, professional & consultative selling, strategic selling and customer/market analytics (understand market status with customers).
- Must possess strong presentation skills and be able to communicate effectively in writing and orally across all audience levels.
- Must be enthusiastic, tenacious, demonstrate a resilience to commercial obstacles to find effective solutions for customers and possess high energy levels.
- Can demonstrate organizational intelligence, be a team player and have the ability to self-schedule and prioritize based on the ITW Business Model.
- The successful candidate will have integrity, a willingness to learn and a desire to win.
- Experience with projects and time-based activities and deliver reports in a timely manner.
- Required to travel between 50%-70% internationally.
ITW is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.