Software Development Intern
The Software Development Intern for Alpine, a division of ITW, will help simplify and standardize data persistence and data access across Alpine’s software products by examining existing duplicate data sets and developing a standard way to persist and access that data. The implementation will help improve Alpine’s efficiency by reducing the need to develop, consume, and maintain duplicate data sets.
- Analysis of data shared between our iCommand and eShop applications to identify opportunities for simplification and standardization.
- Develop a plan to eliminate the duplication of specific data sets through implementation of a common standard interface and single data persistence mechanism.
- Demonstrate implementation of the standard interface and data persistence mechanism for a specific set (or sets) of data.
- Applied learning of SOLID principles and the DRY principle
- High-level understanding of Alpine’s eShop and iCommand products and detailed understanding of specific data sets shared by the two products.
- Development and consumption of APIs to standardize data access and CRUD operations
- Agile Development process and Scrum framework
- Rising Junior or Senior pursuing a bachelor’s degree in computer science or Information Technology related field.
- Proficient in one or more programming languages such as C++, C#, or Java and database technologies such as SQL Server and MongoDB.