North American Human Resources Manager
• HR focal point for the Operations Leadership Team in North America, covering all areas of the HR function (e.g. compensation, employee relations, Health & Safety, Staffing, etc.). Advises/coaches operations leadership on appropriate HR practices and policies and ensures implementation
• Fosters positive employee relations through training and coaching of managers and employees on topics including: performance management, benefits, health and wellness, safety, harassment, ITW Principles of Conduct, and ITW business policy guidelines.
• Drives compliance with and implementation of all relevant HR policies, procedures and initiatives & coordinates with peers and HR Corporate when appropriate
• Work with Division and plant leadership to execute development plans for high potential employees
• Conducts, in conjunction with HR Director, succession planning for key positions within PTPNA
• Works with plant leadership team to foster and promote a climate of accountability
• Guides annual performance management, merit review and incentive process in full compliance with the Compensation and Benefits’ policies and market budget guidance
• Plays a key role with the development and execution of training processes critical to the PTPNA
• Manage change related strategies PTPNA Plants
• Support HR Director in defining & successfully implementing change management processes
• Help drive message to reinforce the ITW Business model and core values
• Ensures HR reports, metrics and analysis are provided to assigned leadership team in support of operational reviews, key business decisions, etc.
• Leads other HRG team members in the various HR functions such as hourly recruitment & selection, compensation, training and development, employee relations, wellness & safety, record keeping, payroll and compliance
• Identifies best practices internally and externally
Position Skills and Experience Requirements:
• Education: B.S. / B.A. degree required or combination of business experience and education.
• 5+ years of experience of progressive HR experience
• Preferably multi-site experience
• HR qualification/ certification is an asset
• Excellent understanding of employee / industrial relations
• Financial skills & business understanding
• Excellent communication & influencing skills
• Strong organizational, change management and analytic skills
• Strong intrinsic motivation, positive charisma and high degree of personal integrity, reliability
• Strong people management skills.
• Excellent at driving accountability and results