Field Service Technician (Internal)
We would love to have you become a respected member of our team! Your goal will be to drive service success through customer satisfaction, maximize client retention, and increase. You will also apply your high-level knowledge of science, mathematics, and technology to enhance client trust, build rapport, and drive yourself and your team to meet annual goals. If you want a career where your direct influence and opinions matter, then consider working for us. You will experience the excitement of fostering team unity as you work in close collaboration with management and fellow team members to create positive working relationships
What we are looking for:
- Provide customer service and support during field visits and tie workflow to schedules to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Manage all on-site installation, maintenance, repairs and testing tasks and thoroughly document all related processes.
- Diagnose errors and technical problems and determine proper solutions to produce timely and detailed service reports.
- Collaborate with the technical team and share information across the organization to build positive relationships with clients and coworkers.
- Satisfy customer needs by making appropriate recommendations and using appropriate field automation systems, procedures, and protocols.
- Study system requirements, order and gather essential components and parts, complete installations, and performing quality assurance tests.
- Maintain customer satisfaction by using creativity and ingenuity to investigate complaints, identify resolutions, suggest enhanced operating techniques, and recommend system improvements.
- Prepare and submit work orders, expense reports, and timesheets to the respective departments
- Physical ability to regularly lift 35 lbs., bend and twist, stand and/or walk for an entire 10 – 12-hour shift.
- Provide training to service staff on how to identify and resolve issues, repairs, etc.
- Ability to read and understand electrical schematics
- Self-motivated and can work with little to no supervision
- Strong computer skills
- Able to work overtime or travel with short notice
- Ability to work in a fast pace, high stress work environment
- Dependable, punctual, and organized
- Able to demonstrate flexibility, sense of urgency, attention to detail, project management ability, and professionalism
- Strong, effective communication skills
- Strong PLC background, along with basic electrical troubleshooting
- Strong mechanical and pneumatic components knowledge
- Capable, willing and interested in traveling 70% - 80% of the time
Educational and Expertise requirements:
- AAS in Mechatronics, Industrial Electronics, Industrial Technology or Electrical Technology required minimum 3-5 years’ experience in equipment maintenance and/or related field experience
- Allen Bradley/ RSLogix / RSLinx experience/knowledge required.
- Valid driver’s licenses and able to attain a US Passport
Since ITW’s founding more than 100 years ago, ITW has become one of the world’s leading diversified manufacturers of specialized industrial equipment, consumables and related service businesses. ITW businesses serve local customers and markets around the globe, with a significant presence in developed as well as emerging markets. The company has operations in 56 countries that employ more than 50,000 women and men who adhere to the highest ethical standards. ITW has 85 businesses divided into 7 Segments, which includes: Welding, Automotive OEM, Food Equipment Group, Construction Products, Polymers & Fluids, Test and Measurement & Electronics, and Specialty.
Hartness, an ITW Company:
Hartness is a world class secondary packaging equipment manufacturer headquartered in the beautiful suburbs of Greenville, SC. Founded on the premise of cutting-edge innovation and a relentless commitment to our customers, Hartness’ world class equipment is designed to our customers’ goals of continuous improvement throughout the production process.
Take this opportunity to join a successful and enthusiastic global team where you can make a significant impact immediately. You will enjoy a competitive salary and generous benefits that includes health, dental, life and LTD insurance, 401k (with match), and a 100% tuition reimbursement program. Hartness is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
ITW is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.