Alpine is seeking a Materials Manager to join our Team. This position will be responsible for ensuring effective organization and execution of replenishment, receiving, warehouse and distribution functions by organizing, developing, training and leading employees in all relevant inventory management, quality, safety and shipping processes. This role will ensure timely and cost effective processing of raw materials and inventory management/distribution of finished goods to meet customer and business requirements.
Alpine, an ITW company, is a leading provider of building component software, equipment, and the industry’s best service to truss manufacturers. Partnering with our customers, we help to improve their businesses and make them more productive. We are also a leader in delivering software solutions to homebuilders to increase productivity and profitability.
ITW offers its employees a path for advancement, a competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package designed to help employees care for themselves, their families, and their futures.
- Develop inventory fulfillment target setting strategies and continuously optimize month on hand inventory performance.
- Work closely with all business functions (sales, accounting, HR, engineering, quality, customer service) and effectively utilize Company principles to properly assess and balance the supply and demand needs of the business.
- Work with suppliers and internal planning/production functions to position required capacity required to meet/exceed customer delivery expectations.
- Drive plant-wide continuous improvement initiatives by maintaining supplier performance scorecards (delivery, cost, quality, freight) resolving supplier performance issues, leading inventory accuracy initiatives, identifying transactional, receiving and shipping improvement opportunities.
- Ensure that safety, delivery, quality, process improvement, cost performance, inventory management and talent development objectives are accomplished in conjunction with production, planning, maintenance, engineering, finance, customer service and human resources.
- Lead distribution team effectively by developing optimum work schedules/workflow, coaching, developing employees, monitoring staff performance, maintaining open communications and fostering teamwork.
- Develop and implement purchasing and contract management instructions, policies, and procedures.
- Manage expense budgets and distribution costs. Ensure timely submittal of accurate cost information and dept. performance metrics.
- Ensure a safe work environment by identifying and recommending preventive incident measures/initiatives and by maintaining diligent housekeeping standards and compliance with all OSHA requirements.
- Contribute to team efforts by accomplishing related results in a cooperative and supportive manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Operations Management, Engineering, Industrial Management or equivalent.
- APICS/ASCM certification preferred.
- Four (4) years materials and/or distribution leadership and two (2) years of production planning or purchasing experience in related industry.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and teamwork abilities. Must show ability to take and give direction in a fast-paced environment with proven ability to lead teams and mentor/develop employees.
- Strong organizational, continuous improvement, problem-solving, project management and multitasking skills.
- Demonstrated analytical, process improvement, operational planning and safety management ability.
- Solid budgetary abilities and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (excel, word, power point etc.) and current ERP systems.
- Must be able to travel 20%.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes. To be considered an applicant, please apply online to a specific job posting.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please click here for information on how to contact us directly.