This position entails working closely with Product Development, Sales, and Marcom teams along with major retail and wholesale distributor customers. The position will lead the Permatex and Versachem brand team and is responsible for creating and executing marketing programs that build brand awareness, drive consumer purchases, and increase brand loyalty. The position will create our brand, social media, public relations, and media strategies.
- Develops and executes the brand strategy specific for channels based on business goals, market research, in-depth knowledge of customers, channels/markets and input from product development.
- Grow brand awareness and product knowledge by budgeting, planning and fulfilling brand initiatives including trade shows, advertising, social media, public relations, events, webinars, website, direct mail, and sales/training collateral.
- Directs the design and implementation of merchandising, promotional and point of sale initiatives for key accounts and channels to fully leverage the brand media and promotional calendar. Directs the production and fulfillment of collateral and POP supporting the brand and product messages to ensures brand consistency.
- Analyzes customer pricing and promotions to determine margin, revenue, ROI, and channel/customer conflict. Partners with divisional finance for approvals.
- Partners with sales organization to create and present line review materials to key customer buyers to grow distribution of key products and position ourselves as their choice supplier. This includes partnering with Marcom to sell-in and execute co-marketing programs and events.
- Activates new product introductions with product management, sales force and customers.
- Travel up to 20%.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Marketing, MBA a plus.
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience in a Brand, Product, and/or Channel Marketing function dealing with major brands and retailers. CPG, Automotive Aftermarket or Hardware distribution preferred.
- Strong writing, customer presentation, negotiation and analytical skills.
- High proficiency in MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Word. JD Edwards, Sequel or other sales analysis skills highly desirable.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. This job description should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an incumbent in this position. Incumbents are required to perform other related functions as assigned.