Mechanical Design Engineer
Mechanical Design Engineer - Meurer Verpackungssysteme GmbH (an ITW Division)
Since 1969 already meurer Verpackungssysteme GmbH have been specialised in developing and manufacturing premium systems for final packaging. We are among the world’s leading manufacturers of film and case packagig machines and for palletising, storage and conveyance equipment. About 700 employees in our modern plants in Fürstenau and Freren near Osnabrück are engaged in developing, manufacturing and assembling single machines as well as complete packaging lines. We provide you with the ideal packaging solution for your requirements – with a high level of expertise and a maximum focus on our customers.
We have a job opportunity in Germany at Meurer Verpackungssysteme GmbH in Fürstenau, which is in the north/west region. As a Mechanical Design Engineer you are responsible for developing the mechanical design solutions necessary for the integration of robotic systems. The engineer is required to work with the department manager, project managers, electrical engineers, and applications engineers to define and develop the solutions necessary to execute a project. The Engineer is required to create BOM’s and coordinate procurement of components with the project manager and purchasing. Upon receipt of components, the Engineer will support assembly and integration of the equipment on the shop floor.
- Coordinate with project team to develop project specific mechanical design solutions.
- Create 3D part and assembly designs utilizing CreoElements/Direct Modeling.
- Develop and specify components conforming to engineering and purchasing standards.
- Create detailed drawings of components and assemblies for manufacturing.
- Generate the purchase requisitions necessary to acquire components.
- Support manufacturing and assembly of the components
- Other duties as needed.
- College degree and/or a minimum of 2 years design engineering experience.
- Proficient in 3D modeling (CreoElements/Direct Modeling preferred)
- Experience designing with different metals (steel, stainless steel, aluminium and plastics)
- General understanding of pneumatic and electrical components.
- Autocad experience a plus. Primarily view and measure.
- Understanding of manufacturing tolerances.
- Experience with robotic material handling and packaging a plus.
- Experience with machine designing (in the packaging industry would be a plus).
- Willingness to work overtime
- Must work well within team environment, but be self-organized and analytic in problem solving
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
Interested individuals should send their resumes to Franz von Galen, responsible for division HR programs firstname.lastname@example.org .
ITW is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic