ITW North America Construction is seeking an Manufacturing Technician for its Global Tool Unit based in Pontotoc MS. ITW North America Construction provides fastening systems and truss products for the commercial, residential, and remodeling/renovation sectors. ITW offers its employees a path for advancement, a competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package designed to help employees care for themselves, their families, and their futures.
- Utilize control mechanisms or direct physical activity to operate machines or processes.
- Demonstrate excellence on set-up and operating the filling machine and fuel cell processing equipment that produce fuel cell canisters. Adjustments are made by following established SOP’s for machines.
- Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources to get information about issue.
- Perform all quality checks according to the Quality Plan and product specifications.
- Perform and/or meet all safety, teamwork, quality, production, scrap, and housekeeping, rules, practices, and goals. Identify and correct safety hazards on machinery and in work area. Perform improvements as required.
- Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems
- Perform root cause analysis
- Trouble shooting problems
- Problem solving to root causes
- Follow through to corrective action
- Inspecting equipment, structures, or materials to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects.
- Responsible for quality of output, perform PM maintenance on all equipment, as well as inspections and testing of incoming parts and supplies.
- Track, document, and properly dispose of all scrap for assigned equipment at end of shift
- Successfully complete Lockout/Tag out – when required
- Primary responsibility for training Assemblers.
- Completion of a high school diploma and vocational training is preferred.
- 3 years of previous work-related skill, knowledge, or experience is required.
- Use wrenches, tools, measuring equipment, and test devices to accomplish routine setup, operation, changeover, and maintenance requirements at each level.
- Understanding of basic shop math
- Willingness and ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to recognize and identify parts, problems, and offer resolution
- Ability to approach job responsibilities with an emphasis on safety, efficiency, and quality.
- Work overtime to support operation as needed.
ITW is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We do not accept unsolicited resumes. To be considered an applicant, please apply online to a specific job posting. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please click here for information on how to contact us directly.