Illinois Tool Works (ITW) (NYSE: ITW) is a Fortune 200 global multi-industrial manufacturing leader with revenues totaling $14.3 billion in 2017. The company's seven industry-leading segments leverage the unique ITW Business Model to drive solid growth with best-in-class margins and returns in markets where highly innovative, customer-focused solutions are required. ITW’s business model relies on:
- 80/20 Business Process
- Costumer-Back innovation
- Decentralized Entrepreneurial Culture
Since 1965, Valéron Strength Films has specialized in manufacturing high-strength, cross-laminated high-performance plastic films. Our films offer unparalleled performance in demanding construction, packaging, print media and hundreds of other applications worldwide. Valéron Strength Films has production facilities in Houston, Texas and Essen, Belgium along with a sales office in Shanghai, China.
“With world class technical support, we reliably deliver differentiated strength films enabling construction and targeted brand owners to sell more product to end users who trust them to perform in demanding applications”
- Set up and shut down machine according to specifications of work order. Operator follows work instructions and produces required quantity of films
- Works on different types of equipment to carry out a particular phase of the production cycle
- Must produce rolls within required quality specification
- Is responsible for taking care of routine machine maintenance and keeping work area in neat condition
- Follows all safety rules regarding machine operation and proper guarding.
- Deliver scrap to the Erema or the warehouse for processing
- Sufficient reading and writing ability to follow work order instructions and record needed roll data
- Basic math and reading skills to calculate and enter roll data on appropriate forms, weigh rolls, read work instructions and PLC monitors
- Must be able to learn to how to operate industrial machines such as extruders, spiral cutter, stretcher, electrical hoist and tower equipment
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Cooperate and coordinate with Spiral Cutter Operators to produce best possible film quality
- Must be able to learn troubleshooting of machines and operate PLC controls
- Sufficient visual acuity to read instructions, operate machines, and visually inspect rolls produced for defeats
- Recognize sounds of moving equipment and machinery for safety purposes. Work with constant noise at a level requiring the use of earplugs
- Demonstrate good job attendance and punctuality
- Prior industrial manufacturing experience preferred
- Environmental Conditions:(Dust, fumes, heat, cold, noise, vibration, toxic conditions, work hazards, etc.) Controlled environment, noise from refrigeration equipment, etc. – Activity: Work is performed in doors on concrete floors involving extreme temperatures. Requires safety shoes, ear plugs, and safety glasses. Must be able to occasionally climb stairs and work elevations of more than 20 feet. Work in high noise levels that requires ear plugs. Must be physically able to exert up to 60 pounds of push force and up to 80 pounds of pull force.
- Must be willing to work 12-hours 4 rotating work shifts.
- Must be willing to perform job functions following set safety procedures.
Machines, Tools, Equipment, Work Aids
- Extruder, stretcher, spiral cutter, electrical hoist, hand truck, fork lift, hand held wrenches, utility knife, safety glasses, ear plugs, and close toe shoes.