Maintenance Technician 2
Alpine, an ITW company currently has an opening for a Maintenance Technician 2 (2nd shift) in its Litchfield, IL facility to perform repair and maintenance to machinery, mechanical equipment, production machines and equipment, as well as building maintenance support. Support cost savings initiatives, process improvement and efficiency gain.
Alpine is a leading provider of building component software, equipment, and the industry’s best service to truss manufacturers. Partnering with our customers, we help to improve their businesses and make them more productive. We are also a leader in delivering software solutions to homebuilders to increase productivity and profitability. Alpine is a division of ITW, a F200 global diversified manufacturer with $14B in revenue.
ITW offers its employees a path for advancement, a competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package designed to help employees care for themselves, their families, and their futures.
- Performs electro-mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic trouble shooting, repair and general preventative maintenance procedures on all production, warehouse, facility and plant equipment
- Using multi-meters, amp meters and ohm-meters, troubleshoot AC/DC/VFD/servo motors, motor controllers, PLC’s and rewire/ identify/replace failed components to include: motors, drives, drive boards, I/O boards, switches, transformers, contractors, relays and fuses.
- Programs PLC’s and VFD motors as required
- Repairs, replaces defective parts maintaining MRO inventory as required. Installs special functional and structural parts in devices. Rebuilds and repairs all equipment that is in need of repair.
- Sets up and operates lathe, milling machine, drill press, grinder, and other metalworking machines to manufacture and repair parts as needed
- Implements a preventative maintenance program for all production and support equipment including training of production associates in equipment operation and preventative maintenance processes.
- Contributes to product/quality/process improvement efforts by initiating and participating in problem-solving/improvement teams recommending ideas/changes to business. processes, procedures, materials and equipment and implementing recommendations
- Performs other responsibilities, projects as assigned.
- Job Requirements:
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals, write routine reports/correspondence and communicate concisely.
- Possess a strong electro-mechanical aptitude, with strong understanding of electricity. Ability to use basic machine shop equipment, hand tools, forklift, and material handling equipment
- Ability to read and understand schematics in order to troubleshoot complex equipment problems
- Ability to lead, train others effectively in operating , maintaining and troubleshooting equipment
- Possess solid analytical/numerical abilities with attention to accuracy/detail
- Must be able to work overtime as required to meet production’s needs as well as flexibility to work around scheduled production hours.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes. To be considered an applicant, please apply online to a specific job posting.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please click here for information on how to contact us directly.