Looking to develop your career in the innovative automotive industry? Who better to grow your career with than a Global, Fortune 200 Manufacturer like ITW?
So who is ITW?
ITW was founded in 1912 and its products and solutions are at work all over the world, in deep-sea oil rigs, aerospace technology, bridges and wind turbines, healthcare, the spaces in which we live and work, the cars we drive, and the mobile devices we rely on. We are never, whether we know it or not, more than a few steps from an innovative ITW solution.
We offer top quality compensation and benefits packages, including competitively priced medical and dental coverage the first of the month following hire, free life insurance, paid vacation and holidays, and immediate 401k employer matching.
Join ITW today and come grow with us!
Illinois Tool Works (NYSE:ITW) is a globally respected, highly diversified developer and manufacturer of advanced industrial technology. ITW Powertrain Components is part of the ITW Automotive OEM segment, which designs and manufactures innovative fasteners, interior and exterior components, powertrain assemblies, and braking systems for OEMs and their top-tier suppliers. ITW’s automotive businesses have a high level of customer intimacy, enabling customer-back innovation to address complex needs such as vehicle efficiency, safety, and quality. Deep market knowledge and strong manufacturing process capabilities allow ITW’s automotive businesses to be nimble, niche problem solvers for their sophisticated customers.
- Manage product launches together with Manufacturing location and suppliers.
- Build cost model based on manufacturing process.
- Work closely with customer design and engineering teams.
- Responsible for selecting materials and design function.
- Leads APQP requirements and completes phase reviews by leading launch teams.
- Utilize lessons learned from previous projects.
- Understand manufacturing processes, incorporate processes into designs that can be successfully manufactured.
- Create and maintain well documented designs, use of DFMEA.
- Understands test procedures and can lead DVP&R development and completion.
- Maintain compliance with ISO 9001, IATF 16949, ISO 14001, and OH&S standards.
- Analyze and interpret technical data.
- Create and analyze engineering analysis tools such as FEA, CFD and Mold Flow Analysis.
- Responsible for data transfers between customers and suppliers.
- Assists with suggested changes to facilitate manufacture of assembly.
- Operate in a cross-functional team environment, both domestic and international.
- Responsible for leading internal and customer team meetings, action item lists, etc.
- Travel ~30%
- B.S. in Engineering or Engineering Technology, with an emphasis in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years’ experience of engineering and design; Automotive and Plastic experience highly preferred.
- Knowledgeable in Plastic Injection Molding part design.
- Effective oral, interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Computer skill proficiency to include Microsoft Office: Word, Project, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint as well as 3D CAD.
- Must be adaptable, flexible, organized and act with a sense of urgency, and able to operate independently, in addition to a team environment.
- Self-starter; works with minimal supervision.
- Ability to display leadership in appropriate engineering discipline.