Founded in 1912, Illinois Tool Works Inc. (NYSE: ITW) is a diversified, Fortune 500 manufacturing company that delivers specialized expertise, innovative thinking and value-added products to meet critical customer needs in a variety of industries. Ranked among Fortune Magazine’s most admired companies, the company focuses on solid growth, improving profitability and strong returns across its worldwide platforms and divisions. These divisions serve customers and markets around the globe, with a significant presence in developed as well as emerging markets. ITW’s revenues total $14.8 billion in 2018.
This position is within ITW’s Zip-Pak division. Zip-Pak is the global leader in resealable solutions for the flexible packaging industry. Our expertise in zipper, application technology, and packaging systems makes Zip-Pak the primary choice of brand owners, OEM’s, and converters for innovative resealable solutions. Zip-Pak’s lean, modern, and continuous manufacturing environments produce zippers using high-volume plastic extrusion. Manufacturing sites are in the United States, Europe, and South America.
The materials handler’s is responsible for staging all material to pack finished goods, prepare finished goods for shipping and moving finished goods to the proper location. The position is also responsible for the organization, upkeep, and appearance of the doc area and the warehouse.
- Stage packing materials; boxes, spools, pallets.
- Stretch wrap finished goods pallets.
- Move finished goods to correct staging area or warehouse location.
- Sweep doc area and warehouse.
- Load and unload trucks.
- Move floor inventory.
- Keep doc area and warehouse well organized and clean.
- Bale scrap material.
- Keep bale area organized and material (cardboard, resin, etc.) sorted.
- Monitor surge bin fill stations and make sure surge bins and kept full.
Formal Education & Certification
- High School Diploma or GED required
Knowledge & Experience
- 1 – 3 years of industrial manufacturing experience
- Ability to lift 45 lbs.
- Must be able to be forklift certified and be able to operate forklift safely.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as work instructions, orders, etc.
- Must have effective communications skills.
- Ability to effectively handle pressure and challenges
Take this opportunity to join a successful and enthusiastic global team where you can make a significant impact immediately. You will enjoy a competitive salary and a generous benefits package that includes health, dental, life, LTD insurance, 401k (with company match), employee assistance, wellness and 100% tuition reimbursement programs. ITW is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.