Maintenance/Repair Technician - 3rd Shift (3257)
ITW Commercial Construction is seeking a 3rd Shift Maintenance/Repair Technician to perform repair and maintenance to machinery, mechanical equipment, production machines. This role will support cost savings initiatives, process improvement and efficiency gain.
ITW Commercial Construction is a leading manufacturer with a proven history of creating innovative fastening solutions used by the professional commercial contractor in concrete anchoring and flooring, drywall, metal building, fire protection, plumbing, electrical, and HVAC applications. We take pride in our commitment to being a customer-centric organization with operational excellence, superior service, and new product development that has guided the company through decades of growth by meeting the ever-changing needs of the commercial construction industry. Focusing on the needs of our end-users enables us to customize our product offering and service based on their requirements. ITW Commercial Construction encompasses the leading brands of Buildex® (Teks®, Sammys®), Red Head (TruBolt®, Tapcon®), Ramset (Trakfast®), and PNA (Diamond Dowel®) with an overall history dating back to 1910. ITW offers its employees a path for advancement, a competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package designed to help employees care for themselves, their families, and their futures. ITW offers its employees a path for advancement, a competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package designed to help employees care for themselves, their families, and their futures.
- Troubleshoot malfunctioning equipment –manual, semi and/or automated, and resolve problems
- Assist with the installation and set-up of existing or new equipment
- Suggest corrective actions for re-occurring downtime or performance issues
- Maintain a preventative maintenance program
- Maintain a spare parts inventory system
- Perform a full range of operations using conventional machine tools and their various attachments
- Work with repair vendors to fabricate needed spare parts or fabricate them
- Use tape measures, micrometers, or other types of precision measuring instruments
- Understand and apply hydraulic, pneumatic and mechanical principles and the mechanical aptitude to perform maintenance on such equipment.
- Must possess the ability to operate assigned equipment and the ability to read and understand operating instructions and interpret complex instructions, sketches, blueprints and proprietary programming codes.
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED, required.
- At least 1+ years of experience
- Ability to work 11:00 PM – 7:30 AM
- Must be able to work up to 40 hours with occasional overtime, no greater than 10 hours/day.
- Must possess an understanding and working knowledge of a combination of electrical/electronic, automation, machining methods and techniques, hydraulics, pneumatics, mechanics and machine design.
- Training and experience equivalent to an Associate’s Degree or equivalent in a related field supplemented with emphasis in electrical/ electronic and/or automation, a plus.
- Must possess the ability to read and understand operating instructions and to interpret complex instructions, sketches, blueprints and proprietary programming codes.
- Electrical/Hydraulic licenses/certifications and/or others relevant to the operation are a plus.
- Ability to recognize and identify parts, problems, and offer resolution.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
ITW is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes. To be considered an applicant, please apply online to a specific job posting.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please click here for information on how to contact us directly.