Key Account Manager
ITW (NYSE: ITW) is a Fortune 250 global multi-industrial manufacturing leader with revenues totaling $14.8 billion in 2018. The company’s seven industry-leading segments leverage the unique ITW Business Model to drive solid growth with best-in-class margins and returns in markets where highly innovative, customer-focused solutions are required. ITW has approximately 50,000 dedicated colleagues in operations around the world who thrive in the company’s unique, decentralized and entrepreneurial culture.
Hi-Cone, a division of ITW, is a leading supplier of plastic-based multi-packaging systems for global beer, soft drink and general products industries. We are advocates of packaging alternatives that generate sustained margin contributions for our customers and major retailers. Our customers demand maximum quality, exceptional value, market performances and innovation. We meet those demands by offering cost-effective minimal packaging responsive to environmental concerns.
As a key member of the global sales team, the Key Account Manager (KAM) reports to the Global Sales Manager of Beer. This position is responsible for the overall management of key regional Consumer Packaged Goods account(s).
- Develop a broad and deep base of customer relationships that translates into a trusted supplier status.
- Create customer relationships at key strategies as well as tactical levels to ensure Hi-Cone can navigate for success
- Drive the Hi-Cone sustainability agenda through implementation of our new 50%+ PCR carriers throughout Europe and act as a strong advocate to defend against competition and attacks upon plastics use.
- Understand customer landscape and competitive environment to develop compelling value propositions that drive value for both our customers and Hi-Cone.
- Develop a long-term strategy to drive market penetration, increase market share and create long-term profitable growth.
- Drive outside-in opportunities. Understand and anticipate customer/market trends and identify where sustainable opportunities exist for Hi-Cone.
- Meet or exceed annual sales volume and revenue targets for key account(s).
- Work with management towards the development of a robust strategic key account plan, used to direct activity to drive accelerated organic growth and sales funnel of opportunities.
- Clearly communicate to the business via pre-call and call reports, market and competitive information, machine and consumable forecasting and responsible management of a territory expense budget.
- Apply Enterprise Strategy Initiatives and ITW toolbox as required to accounts and products.
- Become an expert in the ITW Business Model to drive the growth strategy.
- Coordinate with internal functions to ensure optimal customer support.
- Provide continuous feedback to team members for development planning and performance management.
- Work closely with Customer Service personnel to sperate key tasks and control customer engagement and support
- Provide clear communication within Hi-Cone to other functions to ensure customer alignment.
- Use effective change management skills to effectively to plan, implement and evaluate change.
- Create strong internal network to improve engagement and drive business results.
- Develop deep understanding of ITW Business Model to maximize commercial impact.
- Bachelor’s degree is required; MBA is a plus.
- Minimum of 3-5 years in sales or sales consultant role; experience with large and key account management, focused on market share.
- Ability to analyze financial data and understand how it will drive success for your customers.
- Able to build trust and act as a key advisor to external customers.
- A clear passion to defend and promote the Hi-Cone proposition
- Experience with a system sell, long sales cycle, professional & consultative selling, strategic selling and customer/market analytics (understand market status with customers).
- Experience with packaging equipment, operations, maintenance; FMCG retail or beverage industry is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and manage customer requirements to all levels, including plant managers, engineering, finance and marketing team members. Ability to interact with c-level personnel.
- Must possess strong presentation skills and be able to communicate effectively in writing and orally across all audience levels.
- Must be enthusiastic, tenacious, demonstrate a resilience to commercial obstacles to find effective solutions for customers and possess high energy levels.
- Can demonstrate organizational intelligence, be a team player and have the ability to self-schedule and prioritize based on the ITW Business Model.
- The successful candidate will have integrity, a willingness to learn and a desire to win.
- Experience with projects and time-based activities and deliver reports in a timely manner.
- Able to demonstrate effective time-management skills and deliver reports on-time.
- Required to travel between 50%-70% domestically and across Europe if required.
ITW is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.