Corporate Human Resources Intern
Corporate Human Resources Intern – Summer 2020
The Human Resources Intern will combine their education with practical HR experience in core HR areas such as employee relations, recruitment & onboarding, and performance management. Assignments may include projects on recruiting, creating training presentations and employee communications, and supporting other functional groups at ITW Corporate. The HR Intern will be located in Glenview, Illinois at ITW corporate, which is located within walking distance to the Metra Milwaukee District Line - at Golf station.
- Partner with HR Generalist & HR Manager on a variety of workplace issues
- Assist with onboarding of new employees and make recommendations on the new hire orientation process
- Support ITW’s performance management process during Mid-Year Reviews
- Create communications for corporate office on HR related updates including performance management, on-site trainings & initiatives, and benefits
- Participate in each step of the recruitment process of candidates for a variety of job functions at Corporate
- Recommend improvements for organization and usability in SharePoint site
- Assist with creating compelling recruiting content that can be used for social media, digital media, events, and our employment site.
- Support other functional areas (i.e. Employee Communications, Diversity, Wellness Program, etc.)
- Additional duties & projects may be assigned
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree, with a focus in Human Resources Management or related field
- Ability to work at least 12 weeks during Summer 2020
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Previous internship/co-op experience, leadership & teamwork capabilities, interpersonal communication skills, and activities (professional/community/extracurricular)
- Proficient in the utilization of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees of ITW are protected under Federal law from discrimination on several bases. Follow the link above to read more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please click firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.