National Strategic Account Manager
ITW Evercoat is the global leader in the manufacture of professional auto body repair fillers and putties, adhesives, professional car care, recreational marine patch and repair products. Evercoat is a division of Illinois Tool Works Inc within the ITW Performance Polymers and Fluids segment. We are known for our unique 80/20 business model and core values of Integrity, Respect, Trust, Shared Risk and Simplicity. Illinois Tool Works (ITW) is a Fortune 200 Company headquartered in Glenview, IL.
Provides overall account leadership and act as key customer interface for an array of large national customers to maintain, create, and gain share. Responsible for achieving assigned targets for profitable sales volume and strategic objectives in assigned accounts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Establishes productive, professional multi-level relationships with key cross-functional personnel for 80’ strategic customer and targets
- Provides overall leadership for the account and coordinates the involvement of company personnel, including technical sales reps, marketing, technical, and management resources, to meet account performance objectives and customers’ expectations
- Accurately outlook future sales and leads all significant account planning processes including budget development, establishment of income targets, and calling activity
- Develop, manage, and execute contract negotiations with assigned customer to ensure goals are being met while maintaining or exceeding margin expectations.
- Proactively search, identify and obtain new business opportunities with new and existing customers
- Leads activities to assess, clarify, and validate customer needs on an ongoing basis to develop efforts that best address customer requirements
- Works closely with Customer Service, Product Management and plant Operations personnel to ensure customer satisfaction and problem resolution
- Maintain close communications with Marketing and R&D to recommend and promote new applications and technologies relating to market and customer trends
- Achieves targeted sales plan for profitability and revenue in designated accounts
- Increase share at existing and targeted accounts, generally at a target of at least 3 percentage points above rate of market growth
- Develops cross-functional relationships across multiple customer geographical locations
Education and/or Experience
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in a related field from an accredited institution
- Eight to ten years’ sales experience including experience with large national accounts, value added selling and key account management
- Computer Skills: Excel skills along with CRM experience a plus
- Travel: The job will require significant travel, 70+%.
- Work Environment: The employee will be required to work out of their home and must be able to work independently while achieving results with minimal supervision.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Leadership / Personal Dynamic Quality – Ability to lead and energize diverse teams, and to build commitment and engagement in a matrix management environment. Highly results oriented, with ability both internally and externally to develop positive and productive relationships at all levels, using personal influence, rather than position power, to achieve goals.
Business Acumen / Strategic Agility – Able to synthesize complex and diverse information. Sound business financial knowledge including basic understanding of cost accounting and other financial reporting. Ability to analyze complex customer situations and lead development of solutions.
Oral & Written Communications – Able to interact with high proficiency at all levels of a customer’s organization. Ability to influence and lead through communication, establish and present data effectively; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; interpret and write reports, agreements, and other business correspondence.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. In addition to prolong periods of travel, the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. This job description should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an incumbent in this position. Incumbents are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
ITW Evercoat is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.