Regional Sales Manager (3027)
ITW Residential & Renovation division is seeking a Regional Sales Manager to join our sales leadership team. The Regional Sales Manager plans, administers, controls and organizes the activities of a $30M regional sales force to meet and exceed profitable sales and earnings objectives. Develops and implements specific regional strategic plans to support annual and long-range plan objectives. Provides leadership across 6 direct reports and throughout the organization by collaboration, credibility and accountability. Effective developer of a highly proficient sales team by building the skills and talents of direct reports through coaching, mentoring and the effective use of personal development plans.
This role may be based remotely in the Northeast region.
(CT, DL, ME, MD, MA, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV)
ITW Residential and Renovation division of the Construction Products business segment is a global provider of innovative fastening solutions that improve contractor productivity and building quality in the residential, commercial and renovation construction industries. Our products are positioned as market leaders and category leading brands include wood to wood fastening systems (Paslode), structural wood fasteners (GRK Fasteners™) concrete anchoring systems (Tapcon®, Red Head®, Ramset®), underlayment screws (Rock-On®, Backer-On®), self-drilling screws (Teks®) and drywall anchoring systems (E-Z Ancor®). ITW Residential & Renovation excels in meeting the growing demands from Pro end-users for high-quality home improvement and construction fastening products. Our products are trusted by industry professionals and each brand is the market leader in its respective category in terms of quality, performance and ease of use. ITW offers its employees a path for advancement, a competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package designed to help employees care for themselves, their families, and their futures.
- Achieve/exceed annual revenue/margin plans while measuring/monitoring effectiveness of sales programs and driving accountability to build ITW brands at the Lumberyards through 2-step distribution.
- Owns the relationships with 80 distributors while empowering their sales team to execute pull through programs to the lumberyard level.
- Understands key drivers of sales and profitability including gross to net and POS of 80 customers to provide accurate monthly sales forecasts.
- Lead on-going market analysis by obtaining intelligence through multiple sources such as sales team, customers, and distribution to develop and implements regional strategies
- Develop communication and territory management skills throughout regional sales team
- Identify, lead and develop talent to maximize individual, team and organizational effectiveness including assessing team member skill level and routinely provide timely and appropriate feedback to strengthen performance including use of the PMP process (development plans, annual objective setting, and performance evaluations)
- Build credibility within ITW as well as with outside stakeholders to lead the regional selling team
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor degree required; MBA preferred
- 7+ years of territory sales experience
- 2+ years leading/training sales representatives
- Proven ability to influence customers
- Ability to analyze sales data and determine appropriate actions to improve account position
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities with highly effective follow through skills
- Strong communication skills; both written and verbal
- Strong presentation skills; small informal groups as well as large groups
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds
- Must be able to drive a motor vehicle and maintain a clean driving record
- Ability to travel up to 60%
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Most time will be spent in an office or retail environment. Occasionally the employee may be required to spend time in manufacturing and construction sites. Certain personal protective equipment is required when in the manufacturing areas and construction sites.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral visions, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to finger, handle or feel.
ITW is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes. To be considered an applicant, please apply online to a specific job posting.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please click here for information on how to contact us directly.