Chemical Mixer - 1st shift
Permatex, Inc. a division of Illinois Tool Works (NYSE:ITW); is a leading manufacturer, distributor, and marketer of premium chemical products to the automotive maintenance and repair, home and hardware markets. Core brands include: Permatex®, Fast Orange®, Spray Nine®, the Right Stuff® and Devcon® Home. We seek a Chemical Mixer to join our Manufacturing team on 1st shift at our Solon, OH facility. The hours for this position are from 7am-3:00pm, Monday-Friday. Primary responsibilities include:
- Manufacturing material according to batch cards and mixing work instructions
- Cleaning mixing equipment per work instructions at scheduled intervals
- Monitoring integrity of mixes and shutting down operation if out of compliance
- Assisting in training of new mixers and assisting other lines as needed
- Computer experience and lift truck experience are required, must be able to understand and carry out oral and/or written instructions
- Physical demands will include but are not limited to: constant standing and walking throughout shift, occasional lift/push/pull up to 65 pounds, climbing in/out of pots for cleaning, occasionally required to kneel, crouch, squat, twist.
- Promoting and following all safety guidelines and procedures, and recommending safety improvements as needed
- Maintain housekeeping at all times.
- Additional duties as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED) 3-4 years of batch mixing experience in hand cleaner or related industry
- Both computer and fork truck experience
We offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. Our employees also enjoy perks such as adoption assistance, a generous 401(k) matching contribution, scholarship programs for dependents, tuition assistance, 3-for-1 matching contributions for donations, employee discounts with companies such as Dell, GM/Ford/Daimler Chrysler, AT&T, Verizon and much more. Permatex is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled. EEO is the law. Permatex invites any employee and/or applicant to review the Company’s Affirmative Action Plan. This plan is available for inspection upon request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org . If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Katie Craig at (440) 914-3166. No other calls will be accepted.