Laser Team Lead - 2nd Shift
ITW Hartness is looking for a Laser Team Leader with a strong understanding of Laser cutting equipment, Bystronic laser cutting machines or any laser equipment. The team leader will help manage and lead by example our 2nd shift employees running production equipment. The team lead will oversee making sure team meets required daily goals. This position has primary responsibility for all set-ups and production runs on lasers for ITW Hartness' manufacturing of our world class specialty packaging industry products.
This position will be based at our headquarters in Greenville, South Carolina.
What you will do:
- You will help manage and run laser equipment on 2nd shift to ensure machines are cutting parts on night shift
- You will run nested cut plans for each laser to achieve daily goals
- You will manage the daily workforce on 2nd shift daily that are running different pieces of equipment in Laser area (crew could be 5 to 10 employees)
- You will manage shop to see that daily orders are completed by crew on time
- You will be in charge of closing the building at night to lock up
What we are looking for:
- Ability work well within a team environment to produce quality parts for our production and manufacturing teams
- Solid organizational, speaking, listening, learning and time management skills
- Ability to comprehend, and resolve issues within the team with manufacturing manager and HR
- Familiarity with reading and comprehending blue prints/schematics
- Understanding of tolerances as described on blue prints
Education and Experiences:
- 3-5 Years of Manufacturing Experience or a manufacturing degree
- Experience with laser work experience
- Experience as a team leader
- Experience working in manufacturing
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to lift 25 lbs.
- Ability to work standing full shift in Laser dept.
- Ability to work 8 to 10 hour days and some Saturdays.
ITW Hartness is a world class secondary packaging equipment manufacturer headquartered in the beautiful suburbs of Greenville, SC. Founded on the premise of cutting-edge innovation and a relentless commitment to our customers, ITW Hartness’ world class equipment is designed to our customers’ goals of continuous improvement throughout the production process.
Take this opportunity to join a successful and enthusiastic global team where you can make a significant impact immediately. You will enjoy a competitive salary and generous benefits that includes health, dental, life and LTD insurance, 401k (with match), and a 100% tuition reimbursement program for those who qualify.
Since ITW’s founding more than 100 years ago, ITW has become one of the world’s leading diversified manufacturers of specialized industrial equipment, consumables and related service businesses. ITW businesses serve local customers and markets around the globe, with a significant presence in developed as well as emerging markets. The company has operations in 56 countries that employ more than 50,000 women and men who adhere to the highest ethical standards. ITW has 81 businesses divided into 7 Segments, which includes: Welding, Automotive OEM, Food Equipment Group, Construction Products, Polymers & Fluids, Test and Measurement & Electronics, and Specialty.
ITW is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.