Experienced Cold Heading Machine Operator
ITW Shakeproof has an opening for an Experienced Cold Heading Machine Operator on 2nd Shift at our Elgin facility. ITW Shakeproof Automotive serves all the major Automotive OEMs and their tier suppliers with metal fasteners totaling approximately $170M in revenues. Our major plants are in Elgin IL, Machesney Park, IL, Elk Grove Village, IL, Darlington WI, and Bedford Heights, OH. Our Sales Center is in Troy, MI.
We are currently looking for experienced thread roll setup operators to setup and operate thread headed blanks.
- Compiles dimensions of stock, sequence of machining operations, and type and size of thread from charts and specifications
- Selects, installs, and adjusts threading die, die cutters, chamfering tools, feed grips, pressure tripping mechanism, cams, gears and pulleys.
- Sets feed rails, parts bowl, and roller sorter to ensure quality parts.
- Adjusts speed control knobs to synchronize transfer and ejection of stock with machine action.
- Selects correct SEMS components (washers) and loads into machine.
- Complies with all safety regulations and TS161949 policies.
- Verifies dimensions of workpieces with specifications.Modifies and grinds thread roll dies as necessary.
- Maintains, oils, and cleans machines on a regular basis.Drains and cleans oil trays; dumps scrap and sweeps floors to maintain housekeeping standards.
- Recognize and inspect quality issues and troubleshoots process or quality issues with engineers to correct and document.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or the equivalent required; Associates degree preferred
- Experience using cold heading machines
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating, and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to complete routine production and quality reports.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Understanding and compliance with safety rules and regulations
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
ITW is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We do not accept unsolicited resumes.
To be considered an applicant, please apply online to a specific job posting.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please click here for information on how to contact us directly.